“Lovely Meal”

Ranked #57 of 133 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving irresistible Italian cuisine in casual, friendly surroundings, Prezzo uses only the finest seasonal ingredients to create their award-winning pizzas, as well as other dishes prepared with produce sourced directly from Italy, all at prices that emphasise great value for money. Situated in prime and appealing settings throughout London and the U.K, Prezzo's chic, contemporary restaurant are often housed within historic buildings or buildings of local interest. Whatever the location though, Prezzo consistently offers an outstanding venue perfect for informal dining, business meetings, parties and other celebrations, aided by the charming and welcoming staff. Showcasing Prezzo's widely renowned pizzas, the delicious menus also offer a rich variety of antipasti dishes, creamy risottos and pasta, not to mention succulent chargrilled meats, fresh salads and a range of tasty specials for you to try. Finish up with your choice of Italian wine and coffee, not to mention an indulgent dessert, and you will have certainly enjoyed an exceptional Italian meal that you won't soon forget.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Ate here while on holiday in the area
The restaurant has a lovely ambience
The food was very tasty and the staff were very attentive
Would definitely recommend

1  Thank andygibbo6
There are newer reviews for Prezzo - Whitstable

Reviewed August 31, 2012

After reading all the good reviews for Prezzo in Whitstable, this is going to be a bad one I'm afraid!

My family and I recently visited this restaurant and ordered our meal. The starter was very good - no complaints. I then decided to have the chicken, pepper and red pesto risotto for my main meal which, when it arrived, look very good. After tucking into this meal, I was just about to put some food on my fork when I noticed something dark in the rice. First of all I thought it was a piece of mushroom but on further investigation this turned out to be a very large dead bluebottle!.

It doesn't say very much for the hygiene in this particular kitchen if this can happen. Aren't they supposed to have some kind of electric insect repellant on the walls? I was offered another meal but by then I just wanted to go.

The manager took all my details and said that someone would be getting in touch with me. To date one week later I have heard nothing.

Certainly won't visiting THAT Prezzzo again, (or any other come to that)!

3  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We chose to came here as we had a voucher (and at the time Zizzis didnt-which is closer to the sea front and has outside seating).
However it was such a delicious meal, I had chicken wings and my main I chose pasta, my friend had a bruschetta to start and pasta as well for main. Both were very nice, the service was also good bearing in mind it was a busy Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This restaurant is located on the end of the high street. The food was of a good standard, though not as good as the prezzo in Canterbury. The restaurant was a little manic and the ordering was a little slow as was the delivery and collection of courses, and again very slow on producing the bill. In the end my husband had to leave to get the car as the parking ticket had run out - we had paid for 1.5 hours - during our mains and dessert meal out at Prezzo... not great, but not bad.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have eaten at the Prezzo in Whitstable on two occasions, the first time I was in a large group and the second time in a couple.

On both occasions I have visited during peak season and after a sunny day the the town is crammed full of people wanting to eat. On both occasions I had not booked a table but the staff are happy to try and accommodate you and we were asked to take a seat at the front of the restaurant near the bar to have a drink/bowl of Olives if we were happy to wait which is what we did do. The wait was about 40mins but we were in no rush and the bar has a large window and you are positioned away from the hustle and bustle of the front door so you don't feel that you are in the way.

The food was fresh, there was not a long wait between courses and we were looked after well. My glass was never empty for long! I would always rather go to a local independent restaurant that uses locally sourced produce (to help local business) but everywhere with a good rating was fully booked. This certainly was a good alternative for us.