“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitstable
Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Whitstable B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a brilliant stay. Denise was so welcoming it felt like visiting an old friend rather than a first visit. Our room had a sea view which was a delight. Room itself was beautifully decorated and had everything you could hope for and more. I am often dismayed by the tiny cupboards classed as ensuite but not here....the bathroom was big with bath and separate shower, a delight.
Breakfast was delicious - I am a coeliac but this was no problem and I waddled out full of food each morning.
We both agreed we have never slept so well at a b&b..the bed was amazingly comfortable.
Would we go back? ABSOLUTELY!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kirstyleeds
DeniseVardill, Owner at Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you Kirsty for such a wonderful review. Pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hofgeismar, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have had a great time staying in Whitstable Bay. Everything was very nice. Every morning we have had a very good breakfast with fresh fruits and for my wife especially good glutenfree toasted bread. The room was new furnished and new painted.
Barry and Denise were more than friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matthias K
DeniseVardill, Owner at Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you Matthias for the kind review, glad you enjoyed your stay.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

A good location- 2 mins to the beach and 15 mins beach walk into town. Not as "quaint" as some may want but an extremely comfortable bed and light, lovely room. The breakfasts were superb, served on a trolly which was stacked with delicious delights. Eat in bed or at the little table in the room. Luxury! One small problem with the room was that i wake with the light and the blinds were very flimsy and let the morning light in at dawn so I didn't sleep as long as I might wish- if you have no problem with light though it's fine!
The owners were great- there was a problem with trains so when we were leaving they even drove us to a station further away so we could get home ok!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank LibertytripS
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed at this B&B over a long weekend in April, what a wonderful time we had! On booking the room over the phone, I could tell that we were in safe hands however never could I have expected what a truly beautiful house we would be staying in with such kind and thoughful owners. Room=5* (even the mattress was a Hypnos, for goodness sake!), Gardens=A wonderful sight to wake up to, House/location=peaceful and just 5 minutes from Seasalter beach, perfect for leisurely strole up to Whitstable. The breakfast was just out of this world, posh teas, biscuits and soaps and, to top it all off, was meeting with "Auntie" Beryl, mother of Owner Denise, a precious lady... guests will understand how enchanting she is if they are lucky enough to meet her. Enjoy...

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LucieBeci
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

My partner booked this guest house for a small break for my birthday, on arrival to the guest house we were greeted by Denise, lovley lovley lady! Who showed us to our room, I was suprised with how large the room was and found we had everything we needed! very clean! great facilities in room. Breakfast was amazing! fresh fruit continental breakfast brought to your room on a trolly! very well done indeed. I liked the fact that the welcome was warm, but you still had your own space and did not feel like you were encroaching someones house! Would definightly stay there again!

Room Tip: Fantastic location for beach strolls!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bex084
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

I booked my weekend at Whitstable Bay Guest House through the website - calling the owner- Denise. She is a lovely person who welcome us with a smile. I was searching for nice b&b and the moment I saw the picture of the room as well as I have spoken to Denise I know this is going to be good place to stay. As a frequent traveler I know what I would expect from b&b and the Bay Guest House tickes all boxes. The b&b is located on Joy Lane - in residential area just 10 min walk from the centre - high street where you get all restaurants, shops and 5 min walk from the beach ( via shortcut). The guest house is a well presented villa with an off street parking. As the car parking in Whitstable can be sometimes an issue - the road are very narrow and parking space is limited + not fee of charde - unfortunatelly, I was very pleased with private parking just in front of the villa. Our room was located on the first floor. The bedroom offers: an en-suit shower room, a fantastic size double bedroom with king size double bed. The bed is so comfortable that cotton linen make you feel like sleeping in your own bed. The room is nicely decorated, carpeted throughout with double glazed window, central heating, great size wardrobe with full length mirror, a small table with 2 chairs - ideal for b-fast, TV, a double sofa, an iron board, wireless free internet. The bedroom and shower room were spotless. The highlate of our stay was actually the breakfast. For an extra £5 per person I got 2 slices of fresh toasted bread with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon + complimentary standard b-fast which includes, a cofee or tea of your choice, milk, musli or cornflakes, fresh fruits salad, two different jams, two fresh crossaint, butter, two fresh yoghurts, chilled water, an orange juice...it was just amazing. I like to eat propertly in the morning and this breakfast was just great start of the day. One night at Bay Guest House cost us £75 including b-fast. It is just one hour away from London. For a dinner I would recommend Whitstable Oyster Fishery, lunch - try Samphire - small restaurant on the high street. If word of mouth is what some places deserve -The Whitstable Bay Guest house is definitely one of those places. You will not feel dissapointed if you are looking for a quiet city break with short distance from London. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marekgldn
Langdon Hills Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

The greeting was the warmest you could wish for, our room was large, very clean and has everything you could want, the very helpful friendly landlady is eager to oblige with any reasonable request.
Breakfast arrived on a trolly outside our room at the time we asked and wish I had taken a photo-it really was a picture, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals of your choice, croissants jam & marmalade, orange juice, milk and fresh chilled water along with pot of coffee-absolutely perfect. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cjincallen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitstable
Crescent Turner Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
#1 of 1 in Upper Harbledown
Albion House Ramsgate Hotel

Been to Whitstable Bay Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!