“Good quality seasonal food”
Review of Samphire

Samphire
Ranked #4 of 136 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We turned up here at 2pm last Wednesday to find a cosy restaurant, a warm welcome and friendly staff. The menu includes seasonally available foods so there was plenty of game on the specials board. The food was delicious and the portions were a good size. The relaxed atmosphere was great and we found it hard to tear ourselves away and face the freezing weather outside. I understand the chef is new - based on our experience I highly recommend you eat here.

1  Thank KAFFP
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have stumbled into here for an early evening bite a few times now. Nice and casual with a short but varied menu and seasonal selection. Very tasty food all the better with a few drinks too..... Have the monkshill pork terrine and venison .....

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We originally booked in at the better know establishment around the corner but changed our mind after a personal recommendation. We were certainly not disappointed. Simple but cosy restaurant decor, very friendly service, good wine but most of all very good food. Some dishes were better than others but all were tasty and well cooked.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We really liked this restaurant. All three courses for both of us were really good. My main course in particular white fish - I forget which - in saffron broth with dumplings - was delicious and definitely something more complex than I could have made at home and really worth eating out for. Complex but not over complicated. We were made to feel really welcome and it was altogether very enjoyable. The food was beautifully presented and for me the portion sizes were perfect - not mean but not enormous which meant I could enjoy all three courses.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice little restaurant with very good fresh produce and with a good local reputation.
Can get busy so best to enquire about booking, really liked the coffee and pastries!