“Great value for money”

Ranked #51 of 136 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Zizzi Whitstable is situated next to the Horsebridge development on Whitstable's renowned and busy harbour, very much in the heart of the town with its beautiful sea views. Watching the sun go down with a glass of wine and some simple fresh Italian food, is one not to miss. Take in the view through our large bay windows or from our outdoor plaza that’s a stone’s throw from the seaside.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This child friendly restaurant was friendly with a decent menu and fast service went out of therir way to help us when we visited recently with a small child offering crayons, paper and a plasic beaker and child menu

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had an early dinner of pasta with my children on Monday and must say thank you to the staff for being so attentive. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy, but the waiter couldn't do enough for us all, making a complete fuss of the children, which was so nice and it's not always the same story in every restaurant you eat! They had a great time and left saying "Zizzi's is the best Mum"!!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We used to go to Zizzi with the kids and always would be sat on the left in the alcove, the unofficial designated family area. My kids are happy to sit and colour in etc, but on the occasions we've been in zizzi we seem to be stuck next to dipstick parents of kids with weird new age names like "cloud" who feel their kids can do what they like (self expression, man). This means standing on chairs running along the bench, jumping off the steps, knocking into waitresses, then returning to graze with hands at intervals, before walking around with fistfuls of food. I guess Whitstable attracts cooing, arty cretins and their spoilt offspring. Other than that the food is OK. A chicken shortage seems to hit this outlet as the caesar salad was light on chicken as was the bruschetta genovese (compared to the Canterbury branch anyway) Staff were most attentive in pushing you to buy more drink, but other than that were nice enough. Just a shame about the ticky kids.

1  Thank SimeyWimey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our visit was on a special offer of half price pizzas/pasta. Despite this, the quality of the food was excellent - my partner said it was the best pizza he had ever eaten. Nice to see a proper wood fired pizza oven, so the crusts were thin and crispy. Lots of filling too. As well as cheap food, they also had some bottles of wine on offer, and this too was of good quality. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, and we really enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stopped here for lunch last month, as it was a lovely sunny day. It is located right near the sea front. I sat outside to make the most of the dry spell. The food was very good and service quick and friendly. I had a pizza, which was fab, the base was cooked just right, not too crispy like some highstreet chains. Would revisit for lunches in future. I also found a voucher on a app I downloaded on my phone (app shows me vouchers if the location i am eating at has one available), which saved us around £14.