“Excellent Travelzoo value”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Excellent Travelzoo value”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Terrific meal as described in other recent reviews for £39 for two for 3 course meal etc. would probably return at full price but am scouring Travelzoo for repeat!

London, United Kingdom
“Nice Present to Give Someone”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

As a Christmas Present we were given a "travelzoo" voucher for two for a 3 course set meal with a glass of house wine, coffee and chocolates. The Pearson's Arms is a lovely pub with a great selection of wine, lagers and ales. The restaurant area has a warm and friendly feel with plenty of character. The meal was from the Autumn/Winter Set Menu. You had a 3 choices each for starter, main and dessert. I will point out there was no vegetarian main choice on the menu, but this did not affect us as we aren't vegetarian. I imagine a call to them would answer whether this could be adjusted on an individual basis. The choice was fine for us and tasted great, it was indeed a dining delightful night. The service was excellent and at no time did you feel you were "on a deal" and in any way different from other diners. We intend to return gift or not.

Humberston, N.E. Lincs
“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were visiting Whitstable for a couple of days and after a bracing walk along the sea-front called into The Pearson's Arms for a drink.
We loved the atmosphere and asked if they had a table for that evening which they did.
We were warmly greeted and had a pre dinner drink downstairs before being shown to our table upstairs.
The staff were friendly without being too intrusive.
For starters I had the lobster and prawn cocktail and my husband had oysters and salt and pepper fried squid which he raved about.
I have to say my starter was pretty average but my main meal (30 day hung steak) was to die for!
The thrice cooked chips were also amazing (I am going to try and re-create them myself!!)
My husband had the pork belly which once again was delicious (although I think he would have liked my steak!!)
We just couldn't manage dessert.
All in all a great meal with a lovely ambience.
Would love to return.

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice gastro pub”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Pearson's Arms is a lovely pub right on the sea front, nice ambiance, food was all good, the service was pleasant but could have been a bit more helpful, its wasn't explained until we had sat down and ordered drinks that the full menu was only available in the dining room and only if you had booked.
We had taken a seat in the almost empty bar, so bar menu only...
However the bar food was nice, salt and pepper squid was good, as was the fish and chips served in a deep fryer basket - nice touch

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Thanks travelzoo!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went using a special offer after using the travelzoo website. The menu was limited but the food was excellent. Good service although they like to insist on the service charge. Not sure I would go if paying full price. One reason I will be back is because I discovered that they sell Doom bar in the bar!! Result!!