“Best Mexican I have had ever”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

On a weekend away and this restaurant popped up on trip advisor. Wow, the food here is amazing, Ribs and chicken wings falling off the bone. The Chicken and Ribeye Fajitas had me making sounds that should not be heard outside the bedroom. The atmosphere would not be suitable for romantic quiet meal for two, but for a lively fun evening with friends and loved ones, perfect. If I was to be overly critical, the only issue are the friendly staff, could be a little too relaxed on the service front, took 20 mins just to get the bill. If I lived in Tonbridge, this place would be a regular stop, and if you do live in Tonbridge and have not visited here, you should make the time.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

A world away from the food at Mexican chain restaurants. Everything is excellent quality - eg meat in the chilli is steak, not mince, very fresh salads etc. We tried a couple of different fajitas and burritos - scraped the plates clean and loved it. Staff are really pleasant too. We went for lunch but a huge cocktail list suggests it could be a great night out.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great restaurant, food was lovely, drinks were great and beautifully decorated. Only problems was the service was a little lacking. They often forgot about us and they forgot a couple of drinks we ordered. There was a long wait between ordering drinks and getting them, though I do understand they were busy. We didn't receive our food until we'd been there for over an hour, and we gave up waiting for dessert and just asked for the bill. We were there for about 3 hours. I would also like to mention, there is no seating at the bar, it is a very small restaurant.
Apart from service, I have no other complaints, the staff were all very friendly and it's very good value for money. The food was beautiful, I had the steak and it was perfect. Though one of the girls I was with said the chicken fajitas were so spicy her eyes and nose were running!
I wouldn't recommend it if you are pushed for time, but it is a great experience, especially with good friends!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

have been here on several occasion always greeted in a friendly manner. Very good fun place atmosphere, is relaxing. Food plenty and I might add tasty, Good for family gatherings. Staff always friendly and helpful. Best to book as it gets very busy especially at the weekends.They also a special priced menu for larger papties

Reviewed January 30, 2014

It took us over a year to try this place and I'm so glad we finally did! We went back a further 2 times in the following week to make up for lost time!!

The food was great and we were given a very warm welcome and some fabulous cocktails. I could drink far too much just waiting at the bar, which we chose to do whilst we soaked up the atmosphere after arriving incredibly early for our booking.

The staff were excellent and very friendly, the barman does some fabulous cocktails and all are around £5 each, which I think is really quite reasonable. Most starters are around the £4-5 mark, so again really quite good.

We had a lovely time here, great atmosphere for guests of all ages and we will definitely be going back. Probably quite a few times!