“Nice but”

Finch House Cafe & Fine Foods
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Tonbridge
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are an independently owned café offering a menu of fresh food made by us, using the finest locally sourced and award winning produce. Innovative cooking and, above all, tasty food day-in-day-out. Our artisan coffee is roasted to our own recipe and our creative bakers are constantly developing new cakes and ideas for seasonal treats, like our fun Christmas cupcakes. We make healthy lunch options with soups and six different salads each day. Plus a few gluten and dairy-free options so everyone can enjoy our food. Whether you are after a long leisurely lunch or a quick pit-stop, you'll find something to enjoy here. All ages welcome too. We look forward to seeing you soon.
“Nice but”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Went for breakfast, nice rustic breakfast roll. But we ordered a breakfast pancake but it wasn't the fluffy pancake I was expecting it was a crepe, it was nice none the less. Nice coffee and smoothies too.

1 Thank J88jones

Warlingham, United Kingdom
“Really great place to eat in Tonbridge centre”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had to go to Porsche Tonbridge, which is a little out of our area - so a look at Trip Advisor was required to find a decent place to eat lunch. This cafe is situated at the entrance to The Pavilion Shopping Centre and was therefore not problem for us to find. We wanted lunch, but were impressed with the selection and cakes and pastries - nevertheless we both decided on a hot meal. We were not disappointed and whilst the hot menu is quite limited, our choices proved reasonably priced and truly delicious. I have not tried any other eatery in Tonbridge, but would not hesitate to recommend that you try the Finch House Cafe as I believe you will be very satisfied. If we go to Tonbridge again, I would like to try a coffee and a cake at the Finch House Cafe - I'm sure they will be scrumptious.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank g6yog
Tonbridge, England
“The towns best coffee shop by a mile!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went in here Sunday morning for drinks and cakes. We had heard how good it was but were only expecting it to be as good as the coffee shop chains in the high street. Wow! This is streets ahead of those and the cakes were just delicious. My wife had a muffin and coffee and she said that both were the best she had had in a long time. I enjoyed a pot of tea and some carrot cake and I can't recall a time when I had cake as good as this. The service was friendly and with a smile and they do try and source from the Kent area. Looking for a sit down and drink, but are fed up with the bland chains? Then give this place a try. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank SteveBishop.
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
“A Tonbridge Treat!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have to confess that I have lost count of the number of times we have popped in here. It has fast become our favourite coffee stop. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the coffee is good, the cakes and sandwiches are delicious. Over the Summer time the scrumptious ice cream was a family favourite. The service is quick enough that if you want a quick cuppa you can have one, however, if you wish to linger a little longer then you are not rushed. What a fantastic addition to Tonbridge High Street.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Julia H
Kent
“Good news - but could be even better”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It is great that an attractive new venue has opened in Tonbridge as the town is crying out for better facilities. I hesitate to criticise but some improvements would make it even better. I went on the day it opened but decided to return to give it a fair chance. The service is still not as good as it could be - this could be a real community cafe if people felt that they were more welcome. It would be better if the cakes were more original and home made in feel rather than similar to cake available at Cafe Nero/Starbucks - Juliet's and Ishmael in Tunbridge Wells have a much better selection and Tonbridge needs something more like that. Juliet's also does fantastic lunches and it would be great if Tonbridge could have something like that - it would be incredibly popular as there is nothing else to compete with the Cafe Nero/Starbucks chains. I think people would prefer healthier food to the pies on offer even if they are made locally.

• Visited September 2012