“HCU visit.”

Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tonbridge
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A very organised checking in, made my life simple and for 46 other peope on our coach. The staff were more than helpful to help out with any problems. Breakfast was very filling, our group evening meal was presented and served well. Everyone enjoyed their stay with you. Our room was was the four poster, very comfortable bed and some really creeky floor boards but what do you expect in a building of that age. Overall everyone enjoyed their stay with you. Thank you to Lisa for all her help.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

27Diane1949: Thank you for your review. I am glad your group and your selves enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next year.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Came back for a business trip,lovely stay again,had a lovely meal in the restaurant,and breakfast was perfect,have now recommended to friends who are attending a wedding in August,you will be hearing from them soon,also took one of your lovely booklets to show friends and colleagues,I also noticed the lovely patio area now,loving the benches and flowers,looks lovely,I will be returning to your lovely old hotel in the very near future and am looking forward to it

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Lucinda994: Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and new look patio area. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Charming old world hotel lots of creaking floorboards small staircase all adds to the charm of the building
Room was comfortable roomy clean and a good supply of good towels
Staff helpful and polite however staff need a bit of training at breakfast not overly busy but forgot to bring bits of the breakfast
If in area will stay there again

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Nigel Brignall: Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments about Breakfast these issues have now been addressed. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start?! This hotel was shocking from start to finish!

Firstly, the car park is impossible to find without calling the hotel for directions, no directions were available on the internet.

We were going to a wedding locally and so checked in in a hurry and put our bags in our room (room 12) but did not have time to hang around/inspect the hotel/room.

Upon arriving back from the wedding we went up to our room down dingy corridors with dirty carpets where the lights would not turn on. My husband went down to reception to ask for some assistance where the only employee on duty smirked rudely and said that he was not an electrician and there was nothing he could do until the morning. Eventually, with no apology he reluctantly agreed to move us to another room in the "garden wing" (42). The 1970s style block was filthy dirty and very unwelcoming and is fact right next door to the car park with no garden in sight!! The room was grimy and worn, dusty and carpets that clearly hadn't been hoovered. The bed was lumpy with springs poking into your back. After an awful nights sleep we went to have showers to find that only a trickle of water came out. We went to ask for someone to fix it, which of course no one was available to do. We were told the lights in our original room weren't working as the dimmer switches by the bed were turned down. You would have thought the man the night before might have suggested this to us as a possible reason for the lights not working. We moved back to our original room for a shower.

Upon checkout we complained again to which we were rudely told that they were aware of the issues and we were given a small discount. We left feeling very aggrieved that we even had to pay what we did!

In summary this hotel is a disgrace to the Best Western brand, the staff are extremely rude and do not have any customer service skills, it is dirty and worn and many areas in severe disrepair! Do not stay here!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Rachel H: Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay. I have written to you personally.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here again recently, and cannot help but mention the poor reviews that this hotel has received for whatever reason. To be fair, the scaremongers had their moment of fame because you've guessed it for one nano second, I thought that things must have deteriorated rapidly since my last visit. Not so, everything was perfect, and benefits greatly from the personal involvement of the owner, Mr Richards and the manager RIchard taking care of everyone who stays there.
The place is spotless, the staff extremely attentive, and the Chef setting ever higher standards of culinary excellence.
Well done to everyone involved, I shall be back again very soon.

Room Tip: Eat in the restaurant!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Richard K, Owner at Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Kaxxa: Thank you for your review and kind words about the hotel. Thank you for pointing out the improvements you have seen. We all look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were a party of 20 visiting the area for the 1st time. Tonbridge conveniently accessible from major routes and central for visiting NT properties, gardens & tourist attractions. Lisa was excellent in co-ordinating our group booking, the rate was good value for money and we enjoyed our meals. The staff were cheerful and very willing to help. We had a great few days. Ef

Room Tip: Old part of the hotel at the back, quaint & quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Frances W: Thank you for your review. We very much enjoyed your group staying with us & we look forward to you returning next week.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

As my daughter and I were both staying at the hotel we were in different parts/wings. I loved the fact the rooms were all different. I've stayed in many places before but the hotel seemed to have a unique touch! The staff were lovely although the food was a little over priced for what I got. My room was just perfect for me and as I stated for a few days I was given housekeeping and they always kept my room looking just as new and topped up on my toiletries! Just a fabulous little palce to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014

CaroJune1234: Thank you for your review. I and very happy that you and your Daughter enjoyed your stay with us, the great thing about our hotel is the charcter of the building and different styles of bedrooms. I look forward to you returning in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonbridge
Hadlow Manor Hotel
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel
The Camden Arms
The Camden Arms
#1 of 2 in Pembury

Been to Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge? Share your experiences!