“Great local Indian restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kali Zeera
Ranked #40 of 97 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Great local Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good local Indian restaurant, and the food always tastes fresh at the table and in takeaways. Friendly service and over the years I have enjoyed many good meals there. I tend to stick to the regular culprits although have been known to go off piste with a phall (keema and mushroom) and it doesn't disappoint. Other dishes my fellow diners liked at our most recent visit were the chicken jalfrezi and the orange chicken, which was particularly good.

• Visited April 2014

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Meal ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Thank you Abdul and co for your hospitality.
Each and everyone of us was more than pleased with our meal.
We've certainly had our fare share of Indian cuisine both here in England and indeed in India too. We thoroughly enjoyed tonight's dishes.
Worth a visit chaps

“Excellent meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a lovely meal in the Kali Zeera just after New Year.
The food was lovely - a fantastic change after al the usual Christmas food and the staff were great, attentive without being in your face.
The restaurant didnt seem overly busy which was a shame (although we did eat early) but seemed to be doing ok on the take-away front.
Please give the Kali Zeera a chance it is definately one of Tonbridge's better places to eat.

• Visited January 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“I write with a heavy heart”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

There's nothing we want more than to see Tonbridge with an array of good, local eateries BUT having tried here last night, we're close to giving up! The food was so poor, we left feeling sick, plus a portion of rice and 1.5 naan breads on our plate (just 2 of us dined). I ordered salmon starter and it was so overcooked, I gave up chewing eventually. I asked for a butter chicken and although not on the menu, I was ensured it was on offer. It was AWFUL and what made it worse was that my partner had a "Delight" dish and they were identical..... My "garlic" naan was plain and bland and not a hint of garlic on display. In this day and age, we can't afford to chuck good money at such poor food. Come up with a good local restaurant and we'll come back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food but shocking service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I have used Kali Zeera for years and have always been impressed with the friendly service and high quality of food. Its not the best food in the world but is consistent and good value for money.

My last trip left me feeling very disappointed. Having ordered a takeaway for collection I was initially surprised by the cost of the bill however I paid for it anyway. As I waited for my food I totted up the bill in my head and was sure I was overcharged. I questioned the bill with the waiter who initially took my order and charged me. He immediately passed this over to the owner who proceeded to give me a calculator so I could work this out for myself. At this point I was a little annoyed.

After we worked out I was overcharged the owner provided me with a cash refund, no mention of 'sorry'. I completely understand a mistake was made but to be provided a calculator and then no apology offered was not what I expected from Kali Zeera. Really disappointed and I would have expected more from the owner.

• Visited November 2013