“Excellent late Sunday lunch”

The Carpenters Arms Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Carpenters Arms Restaurant is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 118 Restaurants in Tonbridge
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2019

I nearly cancelled this reservation having read the recent reviews - and wonder what it is that people complain about, from the moment we arrived it was really busy but good bar service and even accommodated my requested change of table - - the braised pigs cheeks to start were excellent then we had the roast pork - roast beef and the lamb given we ate at 4.30 the roast potatoes were crispy and the veg prob the best we have had at pub sunday lunch - finished off with sticky date pudding - and amaretto ice cream this was a lovely sunday lunch - so don't believe the negative reviews recently left - I just wish this was on our doorstep!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

We visited the Carpenters Arms today and were underwhelmed by some of the bar food we had.
The Moules starter (around 10 to 12 muscles) was good and served with two chunks of crusty bread, although two of the muscles had not opened during cooking and I feel care should have been taken to remove them and they should not have been served, (but I guess that would have looked like less in the bowl?). However I felt the Cured Salmon starter was a little on the small side and not worth the £6 price tag.
But the biggest disappointment was the Ploughman's, I ordered the one with the Cheddar cheese and Pork pie, the Pork pie was a quarter of one which started life as one which I would guess was 12 to 13cm round also there was only 1 pickled onion cut in half, for £9.95 I feel that was just plain mean.
This is a shame, that it didn't live up to the good reviews that we had read and although it was only a pub lunch, it was to celebrate something, so it cast a bit of a cloud over things.

Reviewed February 3, 2019

Nice place with attentive staff. Steak pudding with veg was delicious and i am told the chicken tikka masala was good. The apple crumble was average which was served with a very small container of custard, and would have liked more. Three of us had this and all said the same. Next time i will ask for more custard. Will be back for another visit.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Visited once before and had a supberb tasty and hot roast beef Sunday lunch
Sadly today's lunch was not the same
I had the lamb roast which was served tepid. Gravy was not a lamb gravy. Little tast in the gravy and meat a little chewy. Roast potatoes were not crisp. Something green was served with the meat. Wasn't traditional mint sauce. That never came. Sent my meat back to warm up. Came back 3 min later but still no hotter. At £14.95 this was alot of money for this dish. Disappointed

Reviewed January 28, 2019

Visited Carpenters Arms back in Nov 2018 with family for a Sunday roast and had a fantastic meal . This was one of 4 visits to the Carpenters Arms and must say that its great service and great staff with great food.

Date of visit: January 2019