“Nice stay with a company of friends at the nice hotel!”

London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tenterden
London, United Kingdom
“Nice stay with a company of friends at the nice hotel!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I and the other couple(our friends) wanted to please ourselves and to spend a lovely weekend relaxing in the spa and in the swimming pool.
I should say I really liked spa salon here.
This is not our first time here. Sometimes we like to come and enjoy our time for weekend or when we are on vacation.
This time as the part of our vacation, 4 of us came here. We had massage for the whole body,we were swimming in the pool.
In the evening we had a lovely dinner at the hotel restaurant. We found the food really delicious and the environment really nice. Good food, nice company of friends,great service- all that made our stay here really pleasant.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristina P
Lorana E, Public Relations Manager at London Beach Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Thank you for your good review. I am pleased you enjoyed your weekend and that you have stayed with us before.

I am glad you liked the food and it sounds like you really enjoyed the spa weekend with your friends. We are always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Lorana Edmonds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
folkestone
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at little silver next door so decided to have lunch here before we checked in. We were the only people in the restaurant but that may be because we were late (15 minutes before end of lunch). The waitress was young and shy but did her job well. I had the pork which was really good and my husband had the chicken roulade starter with a side order of chunky chips instead of a main. He was also impressed with his food. I have to say the decor is very old fashioned and dated. The whole place needs to be modernised or at least spruced up. I would eat here again, the views over the gardens and golf course are amazing. We were considering booking a spa break here and were shown around the facilities. However we were told the gym could not be used by hotel guests, even those on spa breaks and was only for members. I think this is crazy as the gym was completely empty and was told it's never busy. For this reason I would not book a spa break. I also feel the treatment prices are high.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank lizzieshilling
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed the food in the restaurant. We are very proud of our chef.
Thank you for mentioning how beautiful the view is across the golf course and lakes, we are very fortunate.

I am disappointed that the fact that the gym is not available for non-members has put you off having a spa break. Our gym equipment is all computerised and keyed to member profiles and we feel the need to protect out health club members as it seems unfair to put them in a situation where at the weekend the gym is so busy that they feel uncomfortable. A difficult decision as we do want to please our guests.

Our spa therapists are excellent - I think you would feel the treatments are good value if you experienced them.

Do look out for our special spa break offers and give us a chance to tempt you. If you sign up for emails on our website you will notified of all our special offers.

We hope to see you again,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The room was nice with a balcony and a lovely view of the golf club. The breakfast buffet was inconsistent. There was always something missing from it every day despite the said item(s) showing on the menu. The dress code was rigourously enforced in the restaurant even when the restaurant was practically empty. The meals were expensive and were not that good. There was a surcharge of £25 to use the swimming pool. I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We now cook all breakfasts to order and I think you would enjoy it.

Our dress code in the restaurant is very relaxed. The only restriction is that they do not allow sleeveless vests/shirts for men. Everything else is accepted, jeans, shorts etc.. I am sorry if you were offended.

The main restaurant prices are on a par with other restaurants in the area. The Brasserie offers amazing value with huge portions of fish and chips, burgers and chips and many other specialities at very good prices.

The hotel does not have a separate swimming pool. The pool is part of the luxury spa with a large hydrotherapy pool, saline swimming pool, saunas & steam rooms etc. We do our best to inform all guests that only Spa Breaks get automatic access to the spa. Although hotel guests on bed & breakfast can turn their stay into a spa break or a fee of £25 per person.

Poole
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were a party of 22 people on a vintage car rally to France. This was an excellent choice for an overnight stay. They gave us a private dining room at no extra charge and the food was delicious. We had a table which seated 22 people so that was perfect for dinner and breakfast. The rooms are lovely with amazing views over the weald. The spa facilities are also outstanding. It was a lovely old car friendly run across the Romney marshes to Dover and I would really recommend this hotel to anyone en-route to Dover.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Velohead
Thank you for your fantastic review and apologies for not responding sooner.

I remember your group well, your cars were amazing. Such a pleasure to see so many wonderful vintage cars together. And very good that we have a huge car park!

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope your vintage car rally to France went well.

We do hope to see you again,

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We spent a week at the London Beach and would stay there again without hesitation. The room was very large. Furniture included a large wardrobe, a desk, two night tables, 3 chairs, an air conditioner, and other amenities. The view was marvelous. The entire west end of the room was a picture window and sliding door that opened onto a private balcony. Our room looked out over the first tee and then beyond to the rolling hills beyond the golf course. Each time the room was cleaned, we were provided two bottles of water and instant coffee.

The food was exquisite, as was the service in the dining room. Each morning a breakfast buffet was set up. On warm mornings it was set up in the air conditioned dining room. On cool mornings it was set up in the glass-walled all weather room. If one desired, a full English breakfast was provided. The dinners were superb. We had one of the most delicious pork chops we ever tasted at the first evening meal. And our waiter, a fellow from Portugal, was the most accommodating person. We liked eating dinner outside and he would obligingly move our table out onto a patio where we could enjoy the cool evening and the sunsets.

All in all the London Beach was one of the best places we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: All rooms face west. They are well insulated so noise is minimal.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don H
Thank you for your excellent review. My apologies for not responding sooner.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always pleased when guests so clearly enjoy the food, our chef works very hard to produce excellent dishes.

And of course the view is beautiful, looking over the golf course and beyond, we are very fortunate.

I hope you don't mind if I quote you on our website - it is wonderful to have someone say that
"All in all the London Beach was one of the best places we have ever stayed. "

Thank you again for your very kind comments, I hope we will see you again soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed during a business trip, it's predominantly a golf complex but it is a good base if you are in this area, beautiful views from both the restaurant and the room, decent food and generally a pleasant hotel. As it a golf and spa hotel it doesn't in my view really cater for the transient traveller, not the most talkative clientele unless of course you want to talk golf. Individual air con units in the rooms but far to noisy to have on during the night so a bit like sleeping in a sauna however overall not a bad place just not really for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jlindajen2427
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Booked here because my 12yr old daughter had some summer holiday activities to do in Tenterden and thought it would be nice to make a mini-holiday out of it. Chose due to location rather than its spa/golf attraction.

Room was perfect for us two. All facilities you could want. Very comfortable, squishy bed. Due to the heat this July the Air Con unit was bliss but you wouldnt really want it on all night as it is noisy. However, there was a fan available that is not so noisy. Pillows were a bit deep & hard for me and woke me up in night with stiff neck (I just used my daughters soft toy instead as a pillow!). Having a balcony with table and chairs to look over the golf course and see the setting sun is a treat in itself. Wi-fi was excellent for my phone but neither the ipod or my daughters phone could stay connected so perhaps a bit hit and miss.

All staff members that we came across were friendly & went out of their way to be helpful and courteous, they really made the stay extra nice as it is clear they want guests to enjoy their time.

Food - When checking in I enquired about the reserving table for dinner and I was told it was necessary as restaurant gets busy. As I had a young person with me I booked for the earliest sitting and we went down to the outside patio area to wait. After hearing a few people talking, I realised that the restaurant might not have been the best option for children as the menu is quite 'refined'. I asked staff about the bar menu and sure enough that was much better suited to our requirements although by no means short on style or quality, being a very good selection of foods it was difficult to choose. We ordered some very tasty pasta and salad dishes and shared a delightful raspberry cheesecake. All of the food that I saw coming out looked delicious and so I can definitely recommend the brassirie menu.

Breakfast was also very tasty and there was everything you could want including very good quality ingredients. With regard to the cooked elements - my daughter ordered just a sausage and bacon! and the staff member was happy to oblige this request and my daughter said it was delicious.

Spa - It is a shame for me on this occasion that the pool doesnt have at least some hours of the day where hotel guests can use it as it would have been simply divine to have a cooling dip. I did also phone earlier in the week to see if there were any available treatments to give myself a treat but alas fully booked which is understandable at that short notice and they did put me on a list in case of cancellations.

Highlights for us would be sitting enjoying a chilled drink and admiring the view both from the outside terrace and from our balcony. We would definitely visit again and recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenterden
Little Silver Country Hotel
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Hythe Imperial
Hythe Imperial
#1 of 3 in Hythe

Been to London Beach Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!