“A wonderful relaxing break!”

London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tenterden
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“A wonderful relaxing break!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and on both occasions we had a wonderful time.
We went for special spa break which included a double room with a view over the golf course, a two course dinner, breakfast and use of the spa facilities. Our room was large & clean, with towels, slippers, robes and toiletries provided. All the staff were very helpful and the food is great. You can choose from the main restaurant menu, with the option to supplement the cost for the more expensive options. There was plenty of choice on the menu and the food was both delicious and well presented.
The spa is modern and clean, the reception staff were very helpful and the ladies changing area had hair driers, straighteners and lovely toiletries available.

Room Tip: All the rooms at the back of the hotel have lovely views over the golf course.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife stayed at the hotel the night before our wedding at another hotel nearby. From the moment she walked in the receptionist was rude and unhelpful. The atmosphere was terrible, the staff were rude throughout.

Due to time constraints she (and a few other family members) decided to have dinner at the hotel. The food took 25 minutes to be ordered and then 45 minutes to arrive. When it did arrive it was not cooked properly.

The only reason this scored a overall 2 (and not a 1) is that the room was decent and the view over the golf course was pretty. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If taking room on 2nd floor, choose rooms 201-209 as they overlook the golf course. The other rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jason S
PhilipBogdanovski, Public Relations Manager at London Beach Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Jason S

We are always disappointed on those rare occasions when a customer posts a poor review and we always follow up as maintaining a standard of excellence is very important to us.

I realise that the night before your wedding was probably stressful already but I am surprised that you found our receptionist and members of staff rude as many of our guests frequently comment on the warmth and friendliness of our staff.

I understand from our floor manager that although your party was staying at our hotel, you had booked in for bed & breakfast only. And that the hotel and restaurant were full that evening and that when your party finally decided to order from our bar menu it was already very late and there were no available tables. The floor manager wanted to help and gave you a table in the conservatory and told you that there would be a delay.

I understand that the other members of your party were very happy with their food choices but that you chose our homemade beef burger and did not like it. The manager ordered a second one “well done” for you as you complained that there was a pink tinge on the meat. She also offered you a choice of a different meal on the house but you declined. Having spoken to her I believe she did everything she could to try and help. The London Beach Beef Burgers are made by our chef from local British beef and they are very popular. However, they are thick patties of beef and do not resemble the type of beef burger that you would get in a fast food restaurant. I regret that you did not try one of our other excellent meals.

As to your comment about choice of rooms, there is only one bedroom that does not have a view of the golf course. Of course the second floor has a particularly beautiful view.

Yours sincerely,

Lorana Edmonds
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for a group after our booking at the hotel I would normally use was cancelled due to a major refurbishment and, after our stay here, my group has told me to ditch our "old" hotel for future visits.

Rooming lists had been supplied so check-in was smooth and hassle free.

Everyone commented on the spaciousness of their rooms and my own room (217) had a large balcony, overlooking the Golf Course, with a table and 2 chairs [not that the weather was conducive to sitting out]. In the room itself, there was an enormous 4-poster bed, a couple of tables for working at, a sofa and a huge flat-screen TV.

Complementary toiletries (including a shower cap) and large fluffy towels in the spotlessly clean bathroom completed the feeling of wellbeing in the room.

The bar staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, opening and pouring a couple of "birthday-celebration" bottles of Champagne silently and without theatrical popping of corks and accompanying spillage!

Breakfast staff were helpful and attentive and there were no complaints about the "cooked to order" breakfasts or the "continental breakfast" buffet.

All in all an excellent hassle and complaint-free stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank colinsboy
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last year just before our sun was born as a last relaxing night away before the chaos! Staff were fantastic both in the spa and the hotel, we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time and the waiter could not have been more helpful. there was only one small problem which was some confusion over which menu we were to order food from as we had gone for the Dinner B & B Spa option, this was quickly sorted and an apology given by the waiter.

would recommend this hotel for a relaxing break (even if you are like me and cant stand golf) and in fact I am booking again as a treat for my wife as she has been stressed and tense. we hope that the experience is as good as the last time, we will certainly try to make this a regular trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David C
Southend on Sea
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a large group for one night. Check in was really smooth and it was obvious that they were anticipating our arrival. Lots of parking available too.
My room (104) was ENORMOUS with two double beds. The bed was comfortable, but I had brought my own pillow from home after reading earlier reviews, and I'm glad I disaster ones supplied were too hard for me. The room was clean and the bed linen was lovely and crisp.

There were also plenty of power points in the room, which also had large patio doors onto the balcony which overlooked the golf course. The provision of a good sized fan was also welcomed. The location is very peaceful, and the hotel was lovely and quiet, ensuring a good nights sleep. The provision of bottled water in the room was also very welcome.
One thing I did notice though in the room was that the lintel and the walls around the patio doors had a severe crack, which should be investigated, and remedied.
The bathroom was spacious and the toiletries supplied were of good quality. Plenty of hot water and good shower pressure.

Plenty of choice available at breakfast, and the hot freshly cooked option looked really nice.
The staff on duty during our stay were all very helpful, and the breakfast staff served us promptly and with a smile.

We all agreed that we had had a vey enjoyable, positive stay at the London Beach, and will definitely consider staying there again when we are next in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dancingqueen002
London/Kent
Reviewed October 13, 2013

In the company of 10 ladies I stayed overnight at London Beach for a mini golf break. Our rooms were very spacious, with lovely views over the golf course. My bed was very comfortable and from the snoring coming from the next bed, I can say my golfing pal slept well too.
We pre-ordered our meal, with a small supplement for some dishes on the menu, which I found entirely reasonable. A nice touch was a tiny cup of spiced soup served before our starters - unexpected and very tasty. I had battered sardines followed by sea bass. For my palate the sauce for the sea bass was a little too rich, but I was the only one not to clear my plate. The vegetables were all cooked to perfection, neither soggy nor al dente. Everyone declared themselves happy with their meals, so much so there was not room for dessert.
We spread ourselves out in the lounge after dinner, playing a silly quiz, and staff were available for drinks service. Nobody minded we were a happy group - although with an average age of 60 I doubt we were too raucous! There was plenty of room for us to be together, and other guests were happy in the heated conservatory with sports tv.
Breakfast was excellent - a buffet including cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit salad, fruit juice, etc as well as traditional hot bacon eggs sausage etc served by staff. You could have as much or as little as you liked, and our ladies came down in twos and threes and had a very leisurely meal before our second day of golf.
London Beach has a 9 hole course. It is quite challenging (water, water everywhere) - and the greens were in good condition for the time of year and despite torrential rain on our first day.
I've stayed at London beach previously and had a great time, and once again, we were regally looked after.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nixador
Frant, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our son bought us a wine experience for our birthdays, at the Chapel down vineyard, near Tenterden, Kent.

As we thought it unwise to drive home we stayed at this hotel. As it was reasonably priced and had a golf course we did not think that it would be that good. How wrong were we?

Attentive and pleasant staff, very comfortable room, excellent dinner and first rate breakfast.

A very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ours, 206 looked out over the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rideauman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenterden
Little Silver Country Hotel
Ashford International Hotel
Chilston Park Hotel
Chilston Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lenham

Been to London Beach Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!