“Excellent value for money”

London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tenterden
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the London Beach for a golf break on a Sun/Mon. The price of the break included 2 rounds of 18 holes of golf (9 hole course which was pointed out to us when we booked), dinner (2 courses), bed & breakfast, because of the price we paid we weren't expecting it to be 5 star and it wasnt however we were very pleasantly surprised, yes the hotel is tired and maybe needs a bit of TLC in places, the food at dinner was mixed with some delicious dishes and some not quite there (there were 4 of us staying so we were able to sample 8 of the dishes from the menu) and we witnessed an argument between 2 members of staff in the bar which didn't give a very professional impression. On the plus side though the bar and restaurant staff were very polite and friendly and the guy who runs the golf shop was a real character. The spa area was extremely impressive and a fabulous and unexpected addition to the hotel. The golf course was well run and well kept. The rooms were spacious and immaculately clean and the balconies were a real bonus plus the small AC units on 2 of the hottest days of the year were much appreciated. All in all a very pleasant stay and incredibly good value for money and somewhere we would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bigums
PhilipBogdanovski, General Manager at London Beach Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Bigums,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel recently.
I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay at our establishment and that the rooms, food and golf course provided you with a enjoyable experience.

I can only apologise for you having to witness an argument between two members of the staff, this is not something that I allow and I will look into immediately, as this is not normal behaviour for our staff.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A very nice, smallish hotel, obviously is mostly filled with golfers, but an excellent central location to tour round Kent. After the first night we were ready to leave. Dinner took 45 mins for the starter to arrive, and another half hour for the main course. We abandoned the idea of a dessert. Breakfast the next morning again took over three-quarters of an hour to arrive. In our room we had to dust the tv before we could view. Having said that from then on the service and food was excellent. The room was very spacious and clean with excellent views. Food and drink are a little pricey, but the brasserie prices are very competitive. All staff were polite and helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms face South-west and have balconies with large patio doors and lovely views over the golf c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme S

Dear Graeme S,

I'm sorry to hear that the dinner and breakfast service on you 1st night was slow, I will be looking into this immediately.
However, I am glad to hear that the food itself and the service (although slow) were both of an excellent standard.

I hope that you will come back to enjoy our hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Was really pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The staff were polite and very helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
Free wifi available throughout the hotel.
My room was really spacious with an added bonus of a balcony with table and chairs so you could watch the sun set over the golf course. The bed was very comfortable with a superbly soft duvet.
As per usual I had to leave hotel before breakfast which always disappoints me however all was not lost as staff arranged for a bacon sandwich to be ready for me when I checked out.
Having read some of the reviews for this hotel I cannot understand the negative comments.
Would I stay her again? Yes

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Irishgal2013

Dear Irishgal2013,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.
I'm sorry that you did not have time to sample the full breakfast available every morning from 7am, but I'm very glad that we were able to make sure that you did not leave for work with out a Bacon Sandwich at the least. Breakfast is after all the most important meal of the day!

We look forward to you staying again and hopefully can persuade you to stay a bit later for breakfast.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were in need of a couple of days rest. We chose the London Beach as it is not too far from home but far enough to feel as though we had gone away. After reading reviews on here was concerned about a few issues raised, all I can say is I think either those people were extremely fussy or they had reviewed the wrong hotel ! All the staff, from check in to check out were welcoming , polite and attentive. The food we had, first night in the restaurant area, 2 breakfasts ( one of the best hotel breakfasts I have eaten ) and a snack in the conservatory was delicious and very reasonable priced. The rooms were extremely comfortable. large and spotlessly clean, albeit a little tired but seriously what do people want these days , give me clean and comfortable any day. The view over the golf course was fabulous especially at sunset . the spa was peaceful and relaxing - sorry mums and dads no kids was a bonus - and the treatments we had were first class. We left feeling totally rested and ready to face the world again. Cant wait to return. Thank you so much London Beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pepsi21
PhilipBogdanovski, General Manager at London Beach Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Pepsi 21,

Thank you very much for your recent review.
We are glad that you had such a relaxing stay with us and that you found the staff both friendly and helpful.
It is so nice to have positive feedback to forward to the staff, as we are constantly striving to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went there few months ago because we found (what we thought) a very good deal. £100 a night with breakfast and dinner. We ended up paying extra £300 by the end of our 1 night stay!
Possitives:
If you wantt o play golf etc it's all on the door step!
Good and clean rooms with comfortable beds
Spa is quiet nice, with a large pool and steam rooms

Negatives
Needs an upgrade, everything is very dated and tired
Food was ok, but eveyrhting was very stoggy
i think all staff needs a re-training in Customer Service, takes ages to get a cup of team

Overall, I wouldn't go back .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SandraBaku
PhilipBogdanovski, Manager at London Beach Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear SandraBaku,

Slightly confused by your review, especially as I talked to you IN DEPTH about you stay afterwards.
As you mentioned you booked the £100 Spa Break, including Spa facilities, 2-Course Dinner, Bed & Breakfast and use of the Spa again. = £200.
You then added desserts at £6 per person and mentioned that they were lovely at the time as well as a couple of bottles of wine!
You also added treatments for both you and your boyfriend £33 each... = £66

The total for your stay was in fact £300, not an additional £300!
...
Not a bad price for 3 Course Dinner for 2, and 2 Treatments and 2 Bottles of wine!!!

Especially when you mentioned that you had had a Spa Break elsewhere a few months ago and paid £165 for exactly that...
I mentioned this to you at the time and you realised that it had actually been cheaper with us with our bill totally £300 then the one that seemed better value totalling £330...

As I mentioned to you at the time we offer lower rates and allow you to add-on if you want to...
Thank you for allowing me to clarify this to you again.

Philip Bogdanovski

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay at this Hotel on the whole, the staff were less than friendly and seemed unwilling to be bothered with queries and complaints.
I left my Tablet charger in the room and they wanted £25 to return it to me....rip off....I arranged for someone to collect it for me from a nearby Hotel and they gladly posted it to me for £3 in a jiffy bag.
I did e-mail the manager ....but alas he did not reply.
The food was a good standard
Bedroom was clean
Balcony was dirty and smelt of stale tobacco, there were cigarette ends on the ground even though smoking is not allowed...and it was covered in cobwebs ( the balcony ).
The pool was lovely...but again unfriendly staff...likewise for the treatment rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim d
PhilipBogdanovski, General Manager at London Beach Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Hi Jim d and thank you for you feedback.

Since your visit, I have looked into the £25 Hotel Returns Policy, in place due to the time taken to go to the post office, pay for parking, pay for packaging and postage... Not to mention the staff members work time.
However, yours is the second complaint regarding this policy this year, therefore I have spoken to the Owners of the hotel, who had now agreed that the policy should be cancelled.

From now on we will only be charging for the postage & packaging for items to be returned.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention - feedback helps us look after you.

Philip Bogdanovski

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just spent a wonderful two nights on a Spa break at the London Beach hotel. Lovely room, fantastic food, friendly polite staff, brilliant spa facilities and pool. Hope to visit again. The only slight problem was on booking when I seemed to get different prices but the price we paid was very reasonable for a two night break, with breakfast and dinner, and use of spa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda P

Dear LindaP,

Thank you for you recent review.
We are very glad that you had a wonderful 2 nights with us.

We are always trying to improve our service and if you would like the best rates; just give us a call and book directly over the phone.

We look forward to seeing you soon - maybe try our £150 B & B Spa Break?

Phil Bogdanovski

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenterden
Little Silver Country Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Hythe Imperial
Hythe Imperial
#1 of 3 in Hythe

Been to London Beach Country Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!