“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Tenterden
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing sunday lunch. The food staff and atmosphere was great. Its a lovely place where you can go alone and come away ferling great. The staff make an effort to ensure that this are ok and take the time to tslk to you. Thankyou all

1  Thank pigletdiane

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had a great night at tea at the oast had the fish no not fish and chips .john dory in a paprika sauce with egg plant chips .Thanks jess & Jamie for a nice night .

Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a hidden suprise! Having lived in Tenterden for 12 years, this I was not expecting. Small, slightly quirky and fabulous food. Three courses turned into 5 with amuse bouche and petit fours and locally sourced ingredients made it a gastronomic delight. Charming staff and good local wine selection topped it off. Thanks so much, we will be back.

1  Thank KentFluffy
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked the Oast for last Sunday as a surprise for my daughter's 18th Birthday. We hadn't eaten there before, but I had read the reviews and decided to book, as I wanted somewhere a bit different. There were 16 of us and we also had the dining room to ourselves which was really lovely. On arrival everyone was really helpful and we managed to decorate the room before my daughter arrived. The food was brilliant and everyone commented on how good it was. This really is a lovely place. Thank-you!

2  Thank Emma M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had organised a Saturday night dinner to celebrate my twin daughters' 30th birthday with family - there were thirteen of us and we were privileged to have the dining room to ourselves. It was wonderful, the service and food could not be faulted, it was so special and such good value. The menu had been thought about very carefully and there were enough choices to suit everyone, but I am confident that every option would have been equally delicious. Most of us chose the roast lamb and fresh vegetables and it was well-cooked, followed by the most luscious puddings - I loved the Apple Charlotte - exceptional! However, in some ways it is the little things which set this place above 'good' - for example, after the meal with our coffee we were given petit fours of elderflower and champagne granita and peppermint truffles - absolutely outstanding!

This was one of the very few places that I was in two minds as to whether to put in a review - it is so good that you almost want to keep it secret and special for the people who have appreciated it already, but in the end I had to give Jess and her team the accolade they really deserve! I hope it's just as good next time we go.

1  Thank Val B