“met with 'Lady Meopham's' approval”
Review of Tea at the Oast

Tea at the Oast
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Tenterden
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I chose this establishment on the strength of the reviews listed here for 'Lady Meopham's' summer outing and neither of us were disappointed.
We both had the full afternoon tea with a glass of locally made Rose and enjoyed every part of it although personally I would of preferred fruit scones rather than plain ones, but they were not available when we visited. It is apparent that every individual ingredient had been carefully chosen and prepared so that every mouthful was a pleasure.
The staff were friendly and conversational without being intrusive which contributed to a delightful experience.
NB Not sure how valid the new question is, this was not one of my 'best ever' meals - it was an afternoon tea allbeit a very good one!

1  Thank Stephen S

Reviewed July 20, 2013

A small restaurant, excellent food, well presented, we really enjoyed our evening. You do have to book.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you love good food and want to enjoy it in a lovely environment then 'tea at the oast' is the place to go... I took my mum as a belated mother's day treat - and it really was a treat. We both had the afternoon tea - which was delicious - everything home-made, including the bread. The sandwiches were lovely, and the scones were amazing, as were the little sweet tasters. What made this 'trip' for us, as well as the top food, was the lovely tea room itself - I fell in love with all the different china cups, teapots and cake-stands - I recognised sets that my nan had so that brought back wonderful memories... And then there was George-Ann, our fab waitress, so attentive and welcoming - she was as sweet as the cakes!! We will definitely be returning soon - perhaps for the 'roast at the oast' next time...

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For a great dinner, visit Tea at the Oast. Great food, superbly prepared. Friendly people. Make you feel at home. Good wine too.

1  Thank Christopher H
TeaattheOast, Owner at Tea at the Oast, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review! We are really pleased you enjoyed your Dinner at the Oast and enjoyed the local wine too. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Family, friends and I have been to the Oast before for lunches and afternoon and were always highly impressed so my husband and I booked them to host our daughters Christening party. It really made the day perfect. The food delicious as always, varied and interesting. Service was first rate. Location picturesque. Jess was always happy to answer any questions or worries I had before the big day itself. It really could not have been better. Whether you just want to visit them just for a spot of tea and cake or host an even there, I can't recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank AlexBH2

Thank you for your lovely review! We were thrilled when you asked us to cater for your daughters Christening and we are really pleased you enjoyed the day! Hope to see you again soon