“Beautifully quaint!”

Little Dane Court
Ranked #3 of 11 Tenterden B&B and Inns
“Beautifully quaint!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Little Dane Court is a beautifully quaint building yet has all the modern facilities you need when staying here. The rooms are equipped with everything you need from an overnight stay like ours to week breaks. The owner was very friendly and was kind enough to transport us to a local wedding taking place 15 mins away. Parking facilities to the rear of the building were great as it is situated on a main road. I would highly recommend staying here whilst visiting Tenterden!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After spending @4weeks in the UK I now realize I have a different perspective than some. So let me preface this review by stating it is written from an American, not British, viewpoint. So before anyone reading this is insulted, please note: I am a true Anglophile with the highest respect and admiration of the British. So...to begin.

This is the only B&B we stayed that would also get a five star on my American scale, which in my rating system is more difficult to achieve than on my British scale. We found the Garden Room spacious, clean, well equipped. The host, Rod, was wonderful; breakfasts were excellent. When I asked for another towel after two nights I got it, without a wide eyed look like I had just made a never before heard of request (we are accustomed to clean towels, hands towels, face cloths, and bath mats every day in American B&Bs, but I very quickly understood things are different in UK...but that's fine. Like I said I love Britain.). Rod was a wonderful host; he was knowledgable as to the area: things to see, places to go, and how to do them. We stayed seven nights and enjoyed every minute of our stay. This was the only site about which I could say that, although we had stayed at a very pleasant B&B in Kendal. A seven night stay is a long time in a B&B, one has time to see any flaws. I would relate Little Dane Court's flaws, but there weren't any. Everything was well managed, pleasant, hospitable.

This is superior to any other B&B we stayed, and in four weeks of traveling the country, one can stay at quite a few places!

So if you are an American visiting the UK, have no fears - this is a wonderful place to stay. And for any British readers, "jump on it", you'll be glad you stayed at Little Dane Court.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AniKinTN
Folkestone
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed for one night to faciitate a night out on the Kent & East Sussex Railway. Excellent room and facilities and friendly owner who, for a small additional fee, kindly drove me to and from the railway. Lovely buliding and garden area. Easy parking to the rear of the house. If you need to stay in Tenterden this is highly recommended.

Room Tip: My front room had an en-suite facility and was double glazed so noise from the road was virtually no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The premises are a 16th Century house in the centre of the town near to all facilities. Beams and creaky floors add to the charm. Beautiful room with double glazing and superb bed, very good bathroom with wonderful power shower. Very good breakfast with good quality incredients. Warm welcome from the proprietor after a long and tedious drive. Food can be provided - by advance notice - in the evening. Beautiful furniture and outside patio with trees.

I will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank davyb1944
Bury, Lancs
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We had 3 rooms for a long weekend (as a couple plus daughter and family and son and family) in May 2013. This was a charming, period property with an attentive, helpful proprietor. Rooms were spacious and well appointed, quality of breakfasts was very good, and their is a lovely patio area and garden for when the weather is kind. The property has a perfect location at the start of the main street and has good off street parking, a rare and valuable asset in Tenterden. This is an old building and my only minor criticism is that sound insulation in the rooms is not up to modern standards. However, this will not prevent me from returning to this excellent B & B.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank buryplayer
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful short stay here for my birthday ,we chose the front room with the quirky little stairs up to a relaxing bathroom with a roll top bath and exposed beams in the bedroom.From the time we arrived we felt very welcome by Rod the owner who was extremely friendly and has a beautiful b and b here which is amazingly clean and presented with style,soft fluffy towels,bath robes and added extras all add to a luxurious stay in a very old house.This place is immaculate in every way and the breakfast in the morning was yummy too!!!The location is a short stroll from the shops and restaurants which is a bonus of an evening as you dont need to drive(however parking is available at the rear of the property).Would recommend any of the rooms as we had a preview of them and all of a really high standard ,wish we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hairnet72
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the Japanese cottage over Christmas which is very well appointed - more like a quality hotel suite rather than a b&b. In a great central location with private parking. Rod is a nice chap too which helps - he was more than happy to suggest things to do in the area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tenterden
Little Silver Country Hotel
#1 of 11 in Tenterden
William Caxton
William Caxton
#6 of 11 in Tenterden

Been to Little Dane Court? Share your experiences!