My partner and I stayed here recently for 2 nights while visiting the nearby Wildlife Heritage Foundation (we found the hotel from the Foundation's list of nearby hotels). We were not disappointed. We arrived to a warm welcome from the owner/manager and shown to our room. We were thrilled to have been upgraded to a four-poster/whirlpool bath room at no additional cost. Our room was well sized, comfortable with everything we needed for our stay. The bathroom was large, with plenty of space for us to put our things and a good sized whirlpool bathtub. The food in the restaurant was good (we had breakfast both mornings and one evening meal) - it wasn't amazing but perfectly fine for our needs. Only a few things we noticed, which I am going to mention for the benefit of the hotel, but has not affected our opinion or our rating:
- Few cobwebs in the room and bathroom that we were surprised went unnoticed
- The hotel has free wifi but the signal is terrible (perhaps a better router is needed or is this just because of the location?)
- Pillows could be better quality - we found them far too soft
- Larger bath sheets would be nice in the bathrooms instead of bath towels - would be nice especially after stepping out of the amazing whirlpool bath
- Somewhere to hang towels by the bathtub would have been handy
- On our first morning down to breakfast we arrived at 7.30 to find that there was nobody around and no food laid out. As we had to be at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation that morning we had come down at the beginning of breakfast service so we could leave in plenty of time. We later found out that all the staff were serving breakfast at a meeting at the rear of the property. Normally would not have been an issue but we were concerned about time. Perhaps on mornings like the buffet area (cereal, milk, juice, yoghurts and fruit) could be left out so people can make a start.
But to reiterate these few points did not affect our stay in any way and have not affected our review. We had a great stay, all the staff were helpful and friendly and we would not hesitate to stay there again if ever in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional English hotel built in the Georgian style with an excellent restaurant that serves locally sourced foods. The hotel offers an Oak beam lounge, Oaks restaurant, bar, landscaped gardens and 16 luxury rooms including suites and 4-posters. These rooms have spa baths. A popular wedding venue, that is licensed to hold the marriage ceremony either in the magnificent Kent Hall or garden gazebo on those warm summer days. Kent Hall can accommodate up to 120 guests for the banquet and up to 150 guests for the evening reception. Plenty of parking is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Little Silver Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Silver Country Tenterden
- Little Silver Country Hotel Tenterden, Kent