“5* Highly Recommend Brilliant B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sittingbourne
Holly House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in this lovely B&B with my Husband, Jane the owner welcomed us with a warm smile and made us feel at home instantly with a pot of tea and some homemade biscuits. Our room was large, bright and warm with a lovely view of her garden and the countryside beyond.

Our bed was huge and comfy and with the en-suite bathroom/dressing room was perfect for our needs. The hospitality tray overfilled with every type of hot beverage you can think of, teas, coffees and hot chocolates, fresh milk and biscuits.

Breakfast is enormous and the choice is endless, nothing is too much for this hostess as she is more than happy to cook what ever you would like and however you would like it cooked. Fresh Fruit, Yogurts, Cereals, Fruit Juice, Various Nuts, Marmalade, Honey or Jam as much Toast and Tea, Coffee or both if you would prefer, Fresh Homemade Bread and of course a full English .

This lady also offers an Evening Meal if required and we took her up on her offer, wow, nothing was cooked as expected and although it was a standard Sunday Roast, it was amazing and the flavours and her cooking skills were wonderful, there was nothing "standard" about it.

This was our first visit and it was a working weekend, we used her internet, which was fast and we were more than happy with it. We intend to return next year when we are in the area once more for work.

Jane even gave us very clear instructions on how to get to our business venue, she is very knowledgable about the area.

If you are reading this Jane, many thanks for your hospitality and your kindness and we hope to see you again.

Michael & Sheree

Room Tip: I am sure which ever room you choose, will be perfect for your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
JANORCROSS, Owner at Holly House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your extensive review and sparing the time to actually write one. I know you are very busy people. I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just returned from my second visit to Holly House after a stay of six nights. I found the owner Jane to be very accommodating to my every need, the food was varied, fresh and tasty I even tried things I don't eat at home!!My room was clean and comfortable. The surrounding in and around the village was beautiful with open spaces and plenty of places to walk,
I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anybody.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back catch the sun first but the rooms at the front will see the sunset
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sheila B

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your eating experiences.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Four of us stayed with Jane at Holly house during August 2012 while the Olympics were on. As previous reviewers have said, nothing was too much trouble for Jane at any time and she was a wonderful repository of local knowledge and advice, from places to eat to walking/running paths nearby. In the bigger picture, Jane researched the travel options for us to get to the Olympic venues and even had advice on parking at the station as well as a great deal of local tourism information!
The Holly House breakfast room is legendary in its diversity and Jane will happily accomodate all dietary requirements or tendencies and is very perceptive in noting what people like and do not like and she is justifiably proud of the high standard she sets.

The bedrooms are recently constructed and facilities in excellent condition. Jane also went out of her way to help us with the volume of luggage the four of us had for a longer holiday. She made us feel very much at home and that clearly has been the experience of other guests. We were able to use other rooms in the house to feel comfortable.
Holly House is set in the countryside and one would need a car to get around. It took a bit over an hour to drive from Heathrow. Sittingbourne has reasonable shopping options and again Jane's local knowledge and advice were accurate, unbiased and practical. This part of Kent is very pretty and it is close to seaside towns while still being an hour by train from London. The local village of Borden is very pretty and there is a pub an easy walk from Holly House!
It would be difficult to fault Holly House in any way and that is reflected in the Star ratings. I know this sounds like a paid review but it is all very genuine, like the proprietor herself.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter M

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. It was wonderful to share the Olympics which such a smashing family.
I look forward to watching your sons progress - 2016 Rio.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very clean accommodation that was prepared beautifully and the room had everything necessary for a weekend stay. Jane was so welcoming and happy to chat over a cup of tea. Great breakfast too - nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pippa D
JANORCROSS, Owner at Holly House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holly House and for your comments. I am pleased my home met with your approval. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to book a b&b approx. 4 hours before we were due at our friends 40th party in sitting borne! Being a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 six yr old & 1 ten yr old), this started to prove tricky as nowhere had a family room available or was so far away from the party venue that we may as well be back at home! Lucky for us we found holly house and phoned Jane who was so helpful and friendly and totally unfazed by us arriving in a very short space of time. We had a lovely room, great facilities, lots of room and some lovely home comforts. Nothing was too much trouble for Jane. Our children thought she was marvellous too. After a very comfortable nights sleep we woke to a great hearty breakfast and some great travelling tales from Jane. We could quite happily stayed for another night. Would definitely recommend holly house and hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Burbs2012
JANORCROSS, Owner at Holly House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and that my home / room suited your family. It was lovely for me to meet you and have such a nice family to stay.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Having been a guest at Holly House many times over the years, we have found the standards high and maintained as such. The perfect breakfasts, atmosphere and cleanliness are always of high quality. The host is charming and obliging

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard W

Thank you for your comments.I am pleased that my home has continued over the years to meet with your approval and satisfaction. It has always been a pleasure to have you to stay. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My three sisters and I stayed here while attending a party in the area. This is a very welcoming house with comfortable beds and beautiful decoration. Jane is a most friendly woman and provides a great breakfast using local produce and even fruit from her own garden.She did everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again. There is even a park two minute walk away with an outdoor gym.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne50820
JANORCROSS, Owner at Holly House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. It was an absolute pleasure to look after you. I'm pleased that the stay in my home added to your party weekend.