“This is an acceptable B&B, in an unremarkable town.”
Review of The Beaumont

The Beaumont
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Leicester, United Kingdom
“This is an acceptable B&B, in an unremarkable town.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Practicalities – car park at the rear looks big enough for most guests. Access to the left of the B&B, narrowish drive but contractors who stay there were able to get their vans up. Wonderful and free internet – 3 wifi networks and at least one fast enough for Iplayer. Railway station and the town centre is about 10 mins walk away (turn left and keep going). Town Centre has good range of eateries. Locals pub about 100 yards away. Wetherspoons at the far end of the main street, around 15 mins walk.

Rooms – can only comment on my room, but the housekeeping was first class; room spotless. Bed very hard (I like my mattress to be firm, but this was something else). No less than 4 pillows for a single bed which was because they were all of the foam filled variety which flattens over time. My room faced the main road and was noisy. Large lorries go through all night. There is secondary double glazing which helps a bit. Rooms round the back would be much better. The usual kettle/coffee facilities. Towels and sheets of good quality.

Breakfast – good range. Nice conservatory to eat in. English breakfast of small to medium size and a bit formulaic but ingredients of good quality. Coffee served in a teacup once and usually not replenished. And then I was accused of taking the salt and pepper when I left. Could do better with this - I’ve had far better breakfasts in cheaper B&B’s.

Generally – this is an old building with steps here and there. Not sure how they’d cope with a wheelchair user. Nice garden to rear.

Not one I’d return to – the noisy location and hard bed would rule it out for me. But if you need to be in Sittingbourne this may well be as good as it gets. So just ask yourself whether you need to be in this unremarkable town.

Room Tip: Ast for a room round the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This small hotel tucked away on the A2 near Sitttingbourne proved to be a real gem of a find.
We were welcomed by the ownwer in person who gave a very thorough tour of the room and
explained all the facilities very well , unusually he also breifed us on the fire / emergency procedure. The room was very comfortable and every possible item seemed to have been thought about. This extended to even having confetti for sale for wedding guests.
Breakfast was very unusual in the variety of fruit and cereals available in addition a good variety of good hot food was also on the menu.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary F
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

What a delightful find. my Husband and I were given a warm welcome by Karen, who was charming and friendly, and who is a credit to the Beaumont, so much so, that we believed her to be the owner. It has a feel of a small family hotel as opposed to a Bed and Breakfast, but it suited us and we were made to feel at home instantly. The whole place is warm and very clean.

Our room was pleasant, we had the 4 poster which is different and an excellent size room, there was even a single bed in the room which would be excellent as a family room if you were travelling with a child or a 3rd person, if you don't mind sharing. The room has lots of plugs and working area for our laptop. The internet, which is free is brilliant and we were able to work comfortably (this was a working weekend). A good stock of tea, coffee and biscuits on the hospitality tray. This room is on the side of the main road, which didn't bother us as we live on a main road, but it may be something you would consider if you are light sleepers.

The only downside to the room was the bathroom, which for some reason the light switch was too high and I had to get my husband to switch it on and off (a longer cord would be useful especially if I had been travelling on my own). The shower again, was far too high and I couldn't reach it (I am just under 5' but have never had this problem in the past).

The breakfast is outstanding, fruit juice, fresh fruit, yogharts and a choice of about 8 or 9 cereals. Tea and Coffee aplenty and they keep refilling if you want them to. As much toast as you can eat and a full English Cooked Breakfast which I had to ask them to halve as there was no way I could eat as much as they offered. Even a choice of how you would like your eggs cooked, and any combination if you don't want the full English. The Staff in the Breakfast room are again charming, friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

Some on here have stated that the rooms are dated, which can be said of some of the decor, but considering everything else is so good it can be overlooked and everywhere is uncluttered and spotless which is far more important to me and my husband.

We have stayed in other Bed & Breakfasts in Sittingbourne and this one far outshines the more expensive ones we have stayed in.

We pointed out the problem we had with the bathroom and the owner Terry was an absolute gentleman he showed us a few of the other rooms, one of which was absolutely perfect and I can reach the shower and the light cord for the bathroom and that is the room we have booked for our next business meeting next month.

Close to the Town Centre. Excellent Off Street Parking. Karen kindly recommended a restaurant for our first night and the second evening we sent out for a takeaway which was delivered.

We highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast and we shall definitely use it again and again when we are in the area.

I have given 4 out of 5 stars for the room and that is purely on the fact that the bathroom was difficult for me to use. For every other aspect 5 out of 5.

Thank you Terry, Karen and all the staff at the Beaumont.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Back of the house are quieter. 4 Poster room's bathroom is definitely for the tall...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The Beaumont has such a lovely feel to it, it's very clean, very homely and the staff are absolutely lovely. I felt very welcome here - and they let me stay an extra night! I had an interview, which is why I stayed in Sittingbourne, and can honestly say that the service here contributed to my success.

Room Tip: They're all lovely, but I LOVED my double room! Amazing. One room's toilet is outside the ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sittingbourne
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Family use this at least 3 times a year when they visit and we also booked the place out for our wedding as accommodation for the family

Lovely little hotel, always clean, staff are friendly and breakfast choice is excellent

Great value

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as its on a main road
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The normal rates for this B&B of £40 double / £33 single make it a bargain. It's very clean, the proprietors are professional and welcoming and the breakfast is very good quality, varied and plentiful. We stayed for The Open at Sandwich and paid premium rates which we were happy to do as that is the way things are when demand outstrips supply many times over. The decor and soft furnishings were dated, the mattress poor quality and the bathroom cramped. If the facilities were brought up to date and the decor / furnishings neutralised, the price that could be commanded would be far greater than the normal rate. Sittingbourne didn't seem to have much to offer so it's not a place we would return to but would recommend it for those wanting to stay in the area in clean and comfortable budget accommodation with a great breakfast.

Room Tip: There's a lace adorned 4 poster room for those who like such things
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2011

The service my daughter and I received was excellent. The staff and owner were friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble.

The room was really cosy and clean. Nicely decorated. Everything you needed was there for you. They even thought of all the little things that other places don't.

We liked the garden and the fact that the hotel is so close to Sittingbourne. There was nothing we disliked about the place

Room Tip: Room at the back are best
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank VonnieBB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Holiday Inn Sittingbourne
#1 of 1 in Ospringe
Hilton Maidstone
Hilton Maidstone
#8 of 15 in Maidstone

Been to The Beaumont? Share your experiences!