“Oh Dear!”

Ranked #81 of 98 Restaurants in Sittingbourne
Cuisines: Pizza, International, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer great value Two for One meals on all mains, specials and pizzas, as well as giant desserts, a selection of starters and an award winning children's menu that will keep the kids happy, we can cater for all your needs. We are very family friendly with an outside play area. We offer a great range of ales from the Marstons family of breweries with Pedigree always available and up to 3 guest beers along side a international range of lagers, ciders, wines and spirits. We also have free WIFI and have introduced a new stone baked pizza oven in late October which offers fresh traditional style pizzas which are also on the 2 4 1 deal. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Iwade,, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My son and I decided to pop into this pub for a meal at about 6.30pm last Sunday and I truly wish we hadn't bothered! Stood at the desk waiting to see a waitress or someone to show us to a table and were basically ignored by the staff who bustled around us taking payments, stacking the cutlery tray and generally chit chatting. One waitress even said 'excuse me' as she pushed past! We should have just walked out there and then but stupidly we didn't. Eventually I managed to grab one of the waitresses attention and she showed us to a table. The table was very sticky and had graffiti carved into the top. The condiment pots were dirty, sticky, and the vinegar jug had what looked like dried gravy dripped down the side. After about half the hour she eventually came back to take our order. ' I'll have the steak please' I said, ' and my son would like a burger ' we've run out of steak and burgers' was her reply. Really? At 6.30pm??? OK, I decided I'd have the pâté to start, 'We are out of pâté ' she said. It went from bad to worse, I kid you not. We waited over an hour for our starters, my prawn cocktail absolutely stank of rotten fish and I sent it back. My sons nachos were so hard he couldn't bite them and the plates were dirty, as was the cutlery. The main courses were just as bad, overlooked chicken like rubber, insipid vegetables, lukewarm chips, and again, dirty plates, and they didn't even bother to replenish the cutlery which we had used on the starters! People on the next table walked out in disgust, and it wasn't even busy so don't know why the service/ food was so bad. DON'T GO THERE IF YOU WANT A DECENT MEAL!!!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Gill T

London, United Kingdom
“Always friendly welcome”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Whenever we choose to have a family meal here we are usually NOT disapointed. However, the portions and food are reasonable the menu is quite extensive and they cater well for children. We all chose different main meals and they all arrived hot and at thew same time! The drinks are expensive but Buy one get one free on MEALS saves you money. Worth a visit. Always a busy place!

• Visited February 2013
“Poor!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had to seat our self! Wasn't asked for drinks for over 10 minutes so had to go to the bar ourself! Didn't get anyone come over to the table to take our order for 20+ minutes when it did come out it was disgusting garlic bread was like rubber, potatoes wedges was rock solid, chicken wings were tasteless! Then had to ask for table to be cleared and for desserts!

“food hot arrived ln quick time coleslaw the best home made asked where i could buy it was told nade fresh every day”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

i have read some if the comments and wonder if i was in the same place i visit family in that area and time and again we eat at the jenny wren we have always been treated with fantastic service nothing is to much bother to this team as for the managers nick and karen the dedication they show to staff and customers are second to none i always look forward to my visits keep up the good work

Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Very good service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a very enjoyable meal here last night food was served quickly and staff were very attentive. Will visit again.