“Will visit again”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

This was our first time at the Dover Castle and we booked with our family for a table of 6. We sat down to eat at 1830 and there were already other people sat down eating. The food is lovely and freshly prepared and plenty of it, in fact we couldn't eat it all. Cannot fault food quality or portion sizes, however once we had eaten our main course we waited about 30 minutes for the plates to be cleared away and in the end had to ask for them to be taken. This was our only criticism. I appreciate they were busy and tending to both sides of the restaurant and bar. We won't let this put us off and will return

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank vonnie0101

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

15 sat down all served efficiently, my starter was a prawn cocktail the plus side is plenty of prawns, the down side was the sauce, insipid I’m afraid no paprika no acidity very bland even after squeezing the lemon over it. The main was fillet, lovely, one ring of tomato and a mushroom, there was a side dish of bitter rocket, hated it, but at the price I would have expected maybe onion rings and a couple of tomato rings and two mushrooms. I never got into conversation with my fellow diners regarding their food but I did observe lots of food being left within our party. We will give it another go but there are several restaurants/ pubs in the area that do a better job going on this visit

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Great meal for my parents 59 wedding anniversary. Superb food hot great portions loads of extra veg and great selection of beer

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Easy parking for disabled. Great outdoor space for children, secure and safe. Good space between tables outside. Beautifully decorated inside with great touches which make it different to others. Staff well dressed and polite. Food varied in assortment and price.
Toilets clean as is the rest of the restaurant. Great location for all events.

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I've visited The Dover Castle on a few occasions now and have always been really impressed with the service as well as the food. On this occasion I booked a table of 13 for a Birthday celebration on a Sunday. Despite always being busy on a Sunday - they happily accommodated us and allowed us to use their function room. This meant that the children in our group had a lot more freedom to move about and we didn't have to worry about disturbing other diners. Even though we were in a separate room, we were looked after wonderfully, always ensuring we had everything we needed. The food was fantastic and the staff even lit the candles and brought the birthday cake up to us.
I would recommend The Dover castle for any and all occasions, they've always go above and beyond expectation whether you're there for a drink, a date night or a family celebration.