“SUNDAY LUNCH”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went to The Ship at Conyer Creek, had a fantastic evening in the private room upstairs celebrating my fathers 80th birthday, staff couldn't do enought to make the evening special for him.

I have also dined on several other occasion and have always enjoyed the food and service but the only disappoint for us has been the Sunday Lunch! We have been twice and I think we most probably like Sunday Lunch to live up to the tradition of lots of roast and veg, the lunch tends to be presented as per the meals off their menu with a fancy presentation, this is great for fine dining when the food is richer. Giving that the Gastro Pub is in such a lovely setting, especially for hungry walkers on a Sunday, try just putting meat and yorkshires on the plate or even better still offer a joint for larger groups along with bowls of roast spuds and veg and I think it would become an amazing place for traditional sunday roast at its best.

We will still be returning for our annual xmas celebrations as we love the ambience of the place along with the friendliness of the staff and the chef always does the place proud.

1  Thank Marie W

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Visited this pub at the start of a long walk along the Saxon Way to Oare. You would never find it unless recommended to - as we were - and it was worth the drive to find a walm, welcoming haven on a cold day. Staff were friendly, we only had a light lunch but it was beautifully served and delicious. The decor is excellent. A real gem!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visited this Pub many years ago and it was on it's very last legs. Recently visited Conyer and the pub looked to have been refurbished. What a difference! Excellent ambience, warm, cosy and most inviting. Can'y believe other reviewers were at the same venue. Staff were most attentive and the grub was excellent. Yes it took a liitle longer than other places but was obviously cooked to order and to a high standard and was more than worth the wait. This place and the walks nearby are a spot not to be missed. By now other visitors will have found the same so I suggest you make a booking. Book for lunch after one of the local fascinating walks, you will not be disappointed. Have booked our club Christmas do there and am looking forward to it .

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed October 14, 2012

i was told about this little gem by my boss who like me loves a country pub, so booked on the day (today) for a table for myself and my 2 year old daughter, got to say i was really impressed, the staff were so friendly and attentive even giving my little girl lollies, the food came quickly and was delicious and although maybe on the pricey side it was worth it in my opinion.

The setting is idyllic, the pub is clean and looks just how you imagine a country pub to look at its best.

After our meal we took a walk around the creek and only returned when my two year old was desperate for the loo, again the staff were accommodating and did not have a problem with us just coming into use the loos.

i will definitely be returning again soon, infact cannot wait....

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stopped at this pub for Sunday lunch, having built up quite an appetite after an 8 mile walk around this beautiful location. We were very disappointed to be served child sized portions, bizarrely piled into a little mound in the centre of the plate. A great pity because what little there was tasted lovely. Apart from that, contrary to other reviewers, we found the staff pleasant and the service speedy.

1  Thank Vanessa L