“Currying favour”

Empress of India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Empress of India has been established since 1993. It is the second longest running restaurant in Sittingbourne.We can occupy large groups of parties for Birthdays to even Wedding receptions. We have a large selection of wines, cocktails. We also provide vegetarian dishes and also have an English menu. We also do take-away service for collections only.
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Good food, helpful staff and comfortable surrouindings

1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Decent indian, pleasant staff and good service. Normalmenu as you would expect, but its up to the chef !

1  Thank LOBSTER64
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have been here on many occasions and always return. The food is great and the portion sizes are large.

The staff always ask my wife if there was something wrong with her food? But it is simply to much for her to eat.

Well priced and the staff are friendly. Owned by the same people as the Maharani and the food is as good, but the surroundings and space is better here.

Recomended.

1  Thank Retrogame
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The Empress is quite a traditional looking curry house but it particularly appeals to youngsters in the town because of their welcoming attitude to groups. For my teenagers it was their first experience of going out for a 'proper' meal with friends (rather than a pizza or burger) but I've also had some great meals there with groups of friends my own age. I like it because it's relaxed and good value for money. The last time I visited was with a group of a dozen with a wide variety of tastes and expectations. Everyone was served quickly and at the same time with no errors in the dishes. The food isn't haute cuisine - why would you expect it to be at this kind of restaurant - but the flavours are well balanced and the food well presented. Getting a doggy bag at the end says everything you need to know about the quantity of the food served and the service offered by the restaurant. Highly recommended.

1  Thank radio_hack
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We booked for Saturday evening to celebrate our anniversary. What can i say? This restaurant can not be beaten in my books. Never have I been so welcomed by the owner of the place - Babul. He was so friendly and made our evening very special indeed. Prices might be slightly more that the other places but come on! You are paying for good quality food. I will be recommending to everyone about this place.

4  Thank EmmaSmith112