“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Reviewed July 24, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've been stopping at the Coniston at least one night a week for the last six months and can honestly say it has been a pleasure every time I've stayed. I am a frequent business traveller and have stayed in many hotels including those in and around Sittingbourne and have found the Coniston to be in a great location, cost effective, clean, great food and far better than its local rivals! The hotel has a very modern look and feel and is miles better than the usual bland corporate chains. I would highly recommend stopping at the Coniston if you're in need of a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stopped in have been to a very good standard, I've not stopped in one tha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Coniston for your accommodation needs and taking the time to post your very valuable review on Trip Advisor

The team and I were really pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable and comfortable stay and found the location and product to be good and staff friendly and polite.

Thank you your continued support and recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you to the Coniston again, in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Coniston is a crisp modern establishment. I stopped here for 6 nights and found the staff friendly and efficient, always polite and helpful. One evening when the weather prevented a walk down town, a colleague suggested a club sandwich from the bar, I was expecting a snack, not the meal and a half that arrived; excellent. I had read the other comments listed and the frosted glass wasn't a surprise, just glad I wasn't sharing a room; also the automatic blinds, just glad I knew where the switch was. When returning to this part of the country will be stopping here, colleagues stopping else where wanted to change.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

The team and I were really pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable and comfortable stay and found the staff friendly and polite.

Thank you your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you to the Coniston again, in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a lovely modern hotel with friendly staff. Interesting frosted glass en suite bathrooms and complicated electrics (for a technophobe!) but a nice change from the usual purple hotel chain. The restaurant would have benefited from an a la carte menu but the food was excellent and the breakfast was to die for. If you love porridge, fruit, croissants etc then the continental breakfast was more than enough but for an extra £2 the full English was superb. All in all - recommended

Dear Guest

The team and I were delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable and comfortable stay and found the quirky touches a nice change from the usual hotels.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Coniston again, very soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the week-end prior to picking up our cruise in Dover. The location was good, hotel was excellent a good start to our holiday. Our room was lovely, very modern, food was good, they where very busy as there was a wedding on at the time of our visit but this made no difference to the service we received. I was impressed. The bar staff made sure we did not have to wait for service even though they had so many wedding guests, we were not invisible. We would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Barbara W

Dear Guest

The team and I were delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable and comfortable stay. Such positive feedback always motivates and encourages the team to strive for improvements to the product and service we offer our guest, who deserve the best.

Thank you for keeping us in consideration for your future accommodation needs when in the area again.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Coniston very soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just back from relaxing weekend at the Coniston for which we had a great deal. Hotel was modern & check in was quick & efficient. Room was a decent size with a large comfortable bed & good air-conditioning. Water was always hot & the shower was powerful enough. The glass door didn't worry us but could b an issue if you are sharing a twin room.
Service at the bar was good & my only criticism would b the restaurant. We had dinner on the first night & although we had said that the meal was part of our package, we were still presented with a bill at the end of the meal. Staff were very apologetic & went away to check & we only paid for our wine. However when we checked out, we were told again that we had £48 to pay & although it was quickly sorted out it was annoying to have it questioned again. The food had been good but not a lot of choice. The other issue was breakfast. When we went to the hot counter on the 1st morning there were about 3 items missing that we had to ask a member of staff if there were any more then wait while they were brought out. On the second morning half the hot breakfast items had run out & we had to eat what was there then go back to get the rest when it was brought out. They really need to have someone topping up the items when they run low so guests don't have to wait. On a plus side the pots of tea & coffee were enough for nearly 3 cups so meant you didn't have to keep getting up for refills.
All in all the hotel was good & we would definitely go back.

Dear Guest

Although, I was glad to see that overall you have given us a high score, I was disappointed to read about the issues you encountered with some aspects of your stay.

I have discussed all your comments, with Tracey, Operations Manager, who is always keen to receive constructive feedback, such as yours, which helps in putting things right.

Thank you for cnsidering to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you to the Coniston again for a far superior experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had a wonderful night at the Coniston yet again . Everything was so well organised thank you Alicia for sorting out my booking we all loved it even with the new seating plan. Also thanks to jane and Abbs for sorting out all the food and drinks it was greatly appreciated.Still need to get those tiles repaired in the gents and the walkway cover installed with all these storms about. See you all again soon. Say hello to Tracey I missed you.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Trevor

Thank you for choosing to attend the last Swing Band Event @ the Best Western Plus Coniston and taking the time to post your very valuable review on Trip Advisor

The team and I were really pleased to read that you enjoyed the evening and hope you liked the change in the menu from your last feedback.

You will be glad to know the work on the tiles should start soon but the walkway will take some time.

Thank you for your continued support and recommendations. The team looks forward to welcoming you to the Coniston soon.

Mohammed Azam

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
#2 of 6 in Sittingbourne
Travelodge Medway M2
Travelodge Medway M2
#2 of 2 in Rainham

Been to Holiday Inn Sittingbourne? Share your experiences!