“comfortable hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“comfortable hotel”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

A relaively new hotel. Good comfortable rooms. Service is excellent and food is to a high standard. Slightly let down by poor parking area, quite dodgy turning into fom the main A2 if you do not know where the entrance is, needs additional signing. Prices reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay @ The Coniston and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Coniston.

The whole team and I were really pleased and encouraged to read the positive comments regarding food, service and attitude of the staff as they work hard to ensure all our guests leave happy

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused due to the signage. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. You will be glad to know that this is being addressed and trust that you will find a difference when you visit us next.

Mohammed Azam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Chelmsford
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Roomy, comfortable bedroom, modern bathroom. Good selection of dishes on set menu, 3 courses for £20. Quiet atmosphere in dining room so easy to talk with friends. Wide range of food available for breakfast, including porridge freshly made. Staff friendly and welcoming. Great location for Birdwatching in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed the night here on New Year's Eve and attended the gala dinner. What a brilliant night. Started off well with a very quick check in. The receptionist handed us a card which had been hand written by the manager wishing us a happy new year. Nice touch. Even nicer was when room service knocked on our door at 6pm offering us a complimentary shot of Baileys or whiskey. Yes, please!

The gala dinner was great. It started with a canapé reception followed by a five course sit down meal in the banqueting room which had been beautifully dressed. The service of the food was very efficient. Whoever was in charge really knew what they were doing. The atmosphere was fantastic and everyone we met was lovely including the staff.

The rooms were way better than we expected. Very, very clean and big comfy beds with pristine white sheets. Great to fall into after far too many drinks and several hours of dancing. We only stayed one night so the size of the room was perfectly adequate. Four of us had a drink in there before dinner and there was more than enough room.

Breakfast was fine. It was a help-yourself buffet. Plenty of choice even for veggies - hash brown, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms toast, bacon, sausages, cereals, pastries etc.

We would definitely stay at the Coniston again. It's a great hotel and I really hope the do well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Clare C
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Coniston Hotel to bring in the New Year and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you and your Party enjoyed the stay and the gala evening.

The whole team and I were really pleased and encouraged to read the positive comments regarding food, service and entertainment as we always strive to ensure all our guests get the best experience whatever the occasion

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Saw in 2014 at the gala dinner here and thought it was excellent. The table was attractive and well laid out. The food was well presented and the menu was very good too. Despite there being so many people our food was served up hot. The staff were attentive and cheerful. We danced until they threw us all out to our beds. The people there were a mixture of ages but predominantly older people which suited us? We come from central London and stayed over and had a very good room. We would definitely return and are think of going back for another event there during the year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan_edwards2
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Coniston Hotel to bring in the New Year and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you and your party enjoyed all aspects of your the gala evening.

It is really encouraging for the whole team when we get such kind and positive comments as we always strive to ensure all our guests get the best experience whatever the occasion

Kent
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed over for New years eve.
Hotel very modern cleanliness excellent room very clean.
Service second to none, we were also given a card and a drink each to celebrate the new year Lovely touch.
Breakfast really good all the trimmings, all the staff welcoming and friendly.
We had an executive room every thing you need.
Don't under estimate this hotel, the service you receive is excellent.
May thanks to all at the Conniston my you grow to much higher levels as you well deserve it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Coniston Hotel to bring in the New Year and taking the taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed the stay and the gala evening.

Sittingbourne
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is my first visit to the coniston in 25 years and I live in the town. Superb modernisation and upgrade from the previous 'tired' hotel. Reason for review? I attended a christmas dinner/dance there on 21st with my social group and was really inpressed with the general 'ambience' of the dining room with its coloured lighting and even more so with the meal. I've attended many functions like this and I have to say this was the best ever especially as the price is not just for the food but the whole package including disco and staff. Yes we were a bit squeezed but then that happens everywhere with 'do's' like this. I'm a bit puzzled by previous comments about the 'bouncers', with 200 ish party goers of all ages 'celebrating' with drinks then I consider then a good idea but were also 'in the background'. My group will certainly be back next year

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JohnF157
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to hold your Christmas party @ The Coniston and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed the evening.

Brighton East Sussex England
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Having a Best Western Reward card,were immediately given an upgraded room as we were checked in by a very pleasant and smart receptionist,all staff were uniformed and looked proffessional.The hotel was recently refurbished to a very high standard,to look very modern.
Our room was very large but quite cold on entry,the heating controls were confusing to say the least,the bathroom and shower,exteremely clean, were particularly cold and without a heated towel rail.After calling reception about this problem one of the staff called in to check and sort out,He said he could adjust it remotely and would not need to disturb us again,the room remained cold however all night only becoming warm in the morning.One downside was the room did not have a table,although the room was certainly large enough to position one.As this room was facing the main road,past the hotel,a traffic noise could be heard from time to time also music could be heard,but did not continue too late. A pleasant bar meal was enjoyed as the restaurant had already been booked,the bar staff,Jack and Steven were wonderful helping us enjoy the busy bar area.We took breakfast early and it did not disappoint,a buffet style set-up encouraged a personal choice of food,in a large and spacious area,very nice.A pleasant but modern hotel in a convenient location.Apart from the cold room we enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: If staying during cold weather,call ahead to make sure heating is working in your room,& away fr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay @ The Coniston and taking the time to post your experience on trip advisor.

Whilst I am glad that you liked the modern and contemporary style of the Coniston and have given full marks for staff attitude, product, food, room and cleanliness, I am sorry for giving you cause to complain due to the heating issues in your room.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We have, of course, taken measures to rectify this fault, and I trust that on your next visit you will note the difference.

I have passed on all your positive and kind comments to all staff in general and Jack and Steve in the bar in particular.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Coniston in the very near future.

Mohammed Azam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
#2 of 6 in Sittingbourne
Judd's Folly Hotel
Judd's Folly Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ospringe

Been to Holiday Inn Sittingbourne? Share your experiences!