“Christmas party 21.12.13”

Holiday Inn Sittingbourne
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is my first visit to the coniston in 25 years and I live in the town. Superb modernisation and upgrade from the previous 'tired' hotel. Reason for review? I attended a christmas dinner/dance there on 21st with my social group and was really inpressed with the general 'ambience' of the dining room with its coloured lighting and even more so with the meal. I've attended many functions like this and I have to say this was the best ever especially as the price is not just for the food but the whole package including disco and staff. Yes we were a bit squeezed but then that happens everywhere with 'do's' like this. I'm a bit puzzled by previous comments about the 'bouncers', with 200 ish party goers of all ages 'celebrating' with drinks then I consider then a good idea but were also 'in the background'. My group will certainly be back next year

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnF157
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to hold your Christmas party @ The Coniston and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed the evening.

The whole team and I were really pleased and encouraged to read the positive comments regarding food, service and entertainment as we always strive to ensure all our guests get the best experience whatever the occasion

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Having a Best Western Reward card,were immediately given an upgraded room as we were checked in by a very pleasant and smart receptionist,all staff were uniformed and looked proffessional.The hotel was recently refurbished to a very high standard,to look very modern.
Our room was very large but quite cold on entry,the heating controls were confusing to say the least,the bathroom and shower,exteremely clean, were particularly cold and without a heated towel rail.After calling reception about this problem one of the staff called in to check and sort out,He said he could adjust it remotely and would not need to disturb us again,the room remained cold however all night only becoming warm in the morning.One downside was the room did not have a table,although the room was certainly large enough to position one.As this room was facing the main road,past the hotel,a traffic noise could be heard from time to time also music could be heard,but did not continue too late. A pleasant bar meal was enjoyed as the restaurant had already been booked,the bar staff,Jack and Steven were wonderful helping us enjoy the busy bar area.We took breakfast early and it did not disappoint,a buffet style set-up encouraged a personal choice of food,in a large and spacious area,very nice.A pleasant but modern hotel in a convenient location.Apart from the cold room we enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: If staying during cold weather,call ahead to make sure heating is working in your room,& away fr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay @ The Coniston and taking the time to post your experience on trip advisor.

Whilst I am glad that you liked the modern and contemporary style of the Coniston and have given full marks for staff attitude, product, food, room and cleanliness, I am sorry for giving you cause to complain due to the heating issues in your room.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We have, of course, taken measures to rectify this fault, and I trust that on your next visit you will note the difference.

I have passed on all your positive and kind comments to all staff in general and Jack and Steve in the bar in particular.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Coniston in the very near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as part of a group (29). Disabled room was very good, clean and easy to get round. Only complaints, there was no wardrobe and only 2 very small draws (from talking to other in the party there rooms were similar). OK is only staying a coulple of nights, awkward if staying longer. Staff were very helpful expecially as our requirements had to be changed at very short notice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Coniston in the very near future

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We visited this hotel again last night to attend a christmas party and can say that I would recommend it to anyone that wants to hold a company party in this area. The soundings were good and the food served buffet style was very tasty.A really good night ..... well done to all the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a fantastic stay at this beautiful hotel. Had a fabulous room, the bathroom was huge and the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful or pleasant. Would highly recommend eating in the restaurant as the food was amazing and good value for money. Breakfast was just what you needed with a vast selection to suit every guests needs. Would really recommend this hotel for a nice getaway.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite is huge and beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay @ The Coniston and taking the time to give your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Coniston.

The whole team and I were really pleased and encouraged to read the positive comments regarding food, service and attitude of the staff as they work hard to ensure all our guests leave happy

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Used to stay at this place frequently until it closed down several years ago.I couldnt believe it on my return in Nov 2013.This hotel has been totally transformed and is now larger and very modern and trendy.The breakfast was absolutely superb from the hot buffet and the at table coffee service excellent.The staff were very polite and freindly and the whole place was spotless.
Adequate on site parking was really useful.Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Would think that all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mohammed A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest

I am so glad that you liked the new look of the hotel and were impressed by the staff attitude and service standards. I have passed on your kind comments and positive feedback to the whole team at the hotel, who work hard to ensure that all our guest leave happy

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Coniston for a business trip and loved every moment. Very stylish place, definitely compared to other hotels in the area. Efficient check-in, clean and very comfortable rooms. The staff was very engaging and nothing was to much trouble for them. I wish others would take note. If you are looking for a good night sleep with friendly staff looking after you The Coniston is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and were impressed by the staff attitude and service standards. I have passed on your kind comments and positive feedback to the whole team at the hotel, who work hard to ensure that all our guest leave happy

Mohammed Azam

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
The Beaumont
#1 of 1 in Eastchurch
Judd's Folly Hotel
Judd's Folly Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ospringe

Been to Holiday Inn Sittingbourne? Share your experiences!