“Modern comfortable hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Modern comfortable hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for one Saturday - there was a function on but we were not disturbed by this. The room we were allocated was on the small side - there was no wardrobe but hanging space above the kettle . NIggles were I kept tripping over a chair with metal legs - there was no where else for this chair to go - to fill the kettle it was necessary to detach the lead - which then fell to the floor - a cordless kettle would solve this. The bed was really comfortable and had a good nights sleep. As a previous reviewer pointed out the frosted glass on the bathroom would not be to everyones taste. Took advantage of the offer of £39 for 3 courses (for 2) and a bottle of wine in the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Vitabel,

Thank you so much for your feedback we will certainly make amends where possible. We have invested considerably in the bed and mattress type in order to aid a good night’s sleep and try our very best to offer value for money with regular restaurant and bar promotions. Once again thank you for your constructive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with colleagues before a local factory meeting. On walking into the hotel I was very surprised how modern and fresh the hotel is, it must have just gone though a costly renovation. The reception is bright and airy , very modern with high glass panels, the check in staff very welcoming and helpful.
Then the rooms, wow for the price paid, same as a premier inn I was very surprised, coloured 8 setting lighting, electric operated blinds, wall mounted large flat screen TV, fantastic rain shower and modern bathroom, and very comfortable bed, I didn't want to leave my room!
The restaurant, again very modern, the waitresses, excellent, and the food very good valve and excellent quality. The bar area again very modern and really nice furniture.
Overall I can't Tate my stay highly enough 10 out of 10, I stay in a lot of hotels during the week and for leisure and will definitely be returning again.

Room Tip: Any room you won't want to leave it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
After considerable investment I was thrilled to read your review and that the refurbishment had made such an impact. Thank you for posting such positive feedback about our property, I am also delighted that you intend to return again in the future. Hope to speak to you in person soon.
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was a real find. The staff were attentive at all times, interacted with my son, and actually remembered our conversations from the previous evening, rather than the glib interactions you sometimes come across in these situations. We stayed in an executive room, as needed room for a cot bed, but the price was barely more than a standard double. The room itself was very clean, the bed very comfortable. Top marks for the restaurant, which had a truly excellent value offer - two three course meals, plus a bottle of wine, for a total of £39.95. We expected mediocre food for this price, we were wrong - the food was excellent.

In all, a great hotel, at a very reasonable price. We will not hesitate to use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paul N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Many thanks for recent feedback and of course thank you for your business. As you have stayed a number of times with us now I am sure you will appreciate we have a number of different room types, I would be only too happy to accommodate any request you have on your next visit and we have the facility within our reservations system to record your request for any future stays. You have highlighted a number of issues which I will look into. Thank you for your feedback as it is only when I receive comments such as yours I can act upon it to provide our customers with the service they have come to expect from us.
Horsham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is modern, quirky and different. The staff go the extra mile to give good service and are genuinely interested in making their guests enjoy their stay. Their entertainment nights seem well supported.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Lucy,

I was so pleased to read your comments about the team which I have shared with them this morning. We hold regular events and always have details available on our website for anyone wishing to attend. Once again thank you for taking the time to write.
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just had the most fantastic time at this hotel. My daughter had her wedding there yesterday and I can honestly say that nothing was too much trouble from when we arrived on Friday to when we left on Sunday. The staff were outstanding and the attention to detail was excellent. We had the ceremony, the reception and the evening all at the hotel. For the last few months they have worked with my wife and myself to ensure the whole day ran smoothly. They tailored the menu to suit my daughter and son in laws wishes and the food was excellent. The only drawback is the lack of a garden area for photos but again the hotel worked with us to ensure that the photographer got the shots she wanted. There is an area that has been planted so this may be a temporary issue anyway. From my experience the other reviews are a fair reflection of the hotel so I will stick to my experience as a wedding venue. For service alone I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, the staff went well out of there way to ensure that all of our guests felt special. The ball room was a good size, the bar and mezzanine areas provided additional areas for our guests before the ceremony, between the ceremony and the reception and during the evening. We looked at several venues before choosing this one, this one was selected because it was excellent value for money, they were prepared to work with us and have made us feel special from start to finish. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: We had 12 rooms on Friday night and 20 on Saturday night. As a result I saw quite a few rooms includ...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger W
Paul N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Roger,

We were so glad to play a part in your daughters special day and I thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts for other readers of this website. Please stay in touch with us and we hope to welcome you and your extended family back to the hotel soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here with my fiancé on Saturday 25th May. This was a one night stopover as we were in town for a relatives birthday. I booked a few days before and paid the more than reasonable price of £67. We stayed in the newly built part of the hotel which I believe is only a couple of months old. The room was fairly small but not inhibited. It looked and smelt new. The bed was really comfy and I loved the mood lighting! Flat screen tv, hair drying and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was a glass box with a very modern shower. I thought it looked really funky. All in all, a good experience and would definitely recommended.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Antracey,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed the facilities and felt you received value for money. Just for the readers of this website although the bathrooms are described as glass in Antracey’s review – they are NOT see through walls. We hope on your next visit to see relatives you consider The Coniston for your next stay.
Overton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a couple of nights a week for the past 6 months.

Initially it was a bit up and down in terms of overall efficiency of service etc. but this is a relatively new hotel and as it was otherwise a very modern / contemporary and comfortable hotel I carried on booking - and I am glad that I did!

Service / systems and food has improved massively and it is now easy to see this establishment as genuine 4* Hotel.

Staff are professional, efficient, polite and helpful.

Having stayed in most of the main hotels in the immediate area I can thoroughly recommend The Coniston.

On balance I see this as a great option for this part of Kent and good value too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear David,

I was so pleased to read your balanced review, and thank you for being patient in the initial stages of opening. Your comments are gratefully received and demonstrate to the team that their efforts are being recognised by our customers. Hope to see you soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Premier Inn Sittingbourne Kent Hotel
#6 of 6 in Sittingbourne
The Shurland Hotel
The Shurland Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eastchurch

Been to Holiday Inn Sittingbourne? Share your experiences!