“Best weekend ever”

Holiday Inn Sittingbourne
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sittingbourne
“Best weekend ever”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at the coniston hotel for a haunted weekend. The hotel was excellent the staff were brilliant, very helpful and approachable. Food was great rooms were a generous size, beds were comfortable. Due to being only open for three months there were a few teething problems but nothing that spoilt our stay.

The girls from London
16 nov 2012 rooms 229 & 239

• Stayed November 2012
Paul N, Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
What a great start to my day, thank you so much for your encouraging words and feedback. I will certainly be bringing your review to the attention of the hotel team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here during a week on the road. The previous night had been a rather tired Premier Inn in Beaconsfield, so this place was a very welcome delight. The room was almost identical to a Premier Inn but the stylish decor made it seem brighter and certainly funkier. The reception staff were really friendly, and able to offer advice about local restaurants other than the hotel's.

Easy to find and plenty of parking. What more could you ask.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DuncSnap
I was glad to learn that you discovered the Coniston especially as we are so close to the hotel you had tried last week. I hope when you stay next time, you take the opportunity to try our bar or restaurant for food, as it seems such a shame you have to find alternatives when we have such a great facility on site. We offer a three course meal with wine for two people for as little as £17.50 per person. I have also made sure that the reception team are aware of your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed at the Coniston as we were in Sittingbourne for a party. I'm originally from the area and when my wife told me she had booked the Coniston I was filled both trepidation. I remember this hotel attired and scruffy. When we arrived I was certainly in for a pleasant surprise! This hotel has had an extensive, and by the looks, an expensive refurb. It is now a modern and delightful hotel. Lovely rooms and very spacious. A really nice hotel. Staff were welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast was superb with lovely sausages and bacon (makes a change from the cheap stuff served in most hotels) Service was a little slow at breakfast but not a problem as we were in no rush. If you are staying in the area, you won't get better for the price.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Gillsfan59
I am glad we met with your expectations and very grateful to you for posting your positive feedback on this site for others to read, I will certainly make sure the team are aware as they are always interested in what our customers opinions are. We look forward to seeing you soon on your next visit.
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I would certainly recommend this hotel to the sophisticated traveller, this hotel is creative with design, stunning daylight and trendy furnishings. The service outstanding and as a female travelling alone made to feel very secure, special mention to Jane at breakfast for her warm welcome & Richard on reception for his assistance.

The room was spacious with fantastic mood lighting, a glass pod like modern bathroom complete with a super shower. Most appreciably the room has black out curtains, that draw down on entry to the bedroom and a queen bed - i had the best nights sleep and awoke to a fabulous full English to set me up for the day!

Over all an excellent hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I was pleased to learn that you had such a pleasant stay, both Jane and Richard have been notified about your review which is great for team morale – so thank you we all appreciate the time you have taken to post your comments
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel since it opened
Very good hotel
Staff are really help full especially the reception girls Chelsea and Dani
The bar is relaxed friendly atmosphere
I have recommended this hotel to a few colleagues that all said the same well thought out hotel modern clean would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Mark,

Thank you for offering to recommend our hotel and for your encouraging comments about the reception team. I am pleased we can be of service to you.
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My partner and I
found this hotel by chance, driving through Sittingbourne. This hotel is amazing!!
It is very new and modern.Our bedroom was very clean, had a comfy bed, a big flatscreen tv and a bathroom with a bath and power shower.
We had dinner in the bar. My partner was very happy with his steak, while my ham, egg and fries was just cheap and nasty ham with fried eggs and greasy fries.
I was looking forward to one or two cocktails, but the very friendly barman apologised and explained that he wasn't trained to mix cocktails yet.
This is one of the best hotels we ever stayed in and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kika999
Paul N, Manager at Holiday Inn Sittingbourne, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello and many thanks for taking the time to write.

Your feedback was invaluable to us especially when we have only been open for only a few weeks, I have passed your comments to the chef who wishes to be associated with my apology and I am pleased to say we have undergone additional training to meet the demands of the cocktail list.

Hope to see you soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just had a one night stay at the most amazing Best Western Plus Coniston Hotel in Sittingbourne Kent. You may have stayed at a Best western hotel before and reading this think it was not the best experience, but i want to highlight the word PLUS. Food was outstanding. Service exceptional. The decor was top class. I am planning a return stay soon, and if I had not already made arrangements for xmas that is where you would find me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wendy e
Dear Wendy,

I was delighted to read your review; as positive feedback posted on this website allows the readers to make choices based on having a sufficient balance information as only to often in our busy lifestyles we don’t always take the time to compliment; Hope to see you during the festive season, if not before!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sittingbourne
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
The Shurland Hotel
The Shurland Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eastchurch

Been to Holiday Inn Sittingbourne? Share your experiences!