“I've tried all the Chinese restaurants in Sittingbourne and this is about the best although they overdo the chilli beef”
Review of Water Palace

Water Palace
Ranked #52 of 98 Restaurants in Sittingbourne
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Doncaster
“Take-away: Poor quality, poor service, poor value for money.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Wasn't impressed at all. The service was not friendly or particularly helpful in any way. They charged 50p extra for card payment which is fair enough but the cost of the meal was very high already - £16 (or £16.50!) for two dishes plus 2 fried rice. Surroundings had great potential but were very tired - there was an eclectic assortment of items in the waiting/bar area including an iron on the table.

All of the above would be entirely excusable, after all for a take-away you don't really care about anything except the food...unfortunately that was a great let-down as well. Starting with the good points...the fried rice was quite good - not too greasy like some are, and came in a massive tub (which they had automatically selected for us as apparently they do Regular & Large).

But nobody judges a Chinese on the quality of their rice, and unfortunately everything else left a lot to be desired. The meat was appalling - we had both beef and chicken and the beef was VERY fatty and grisly, so that there was a large pile of part-chewed bits at the side of the plate afterwards. The chicken came in large chunks and had that awful taste that I can only describe as cheap-meat. We didn't eat more than a couple of bits. The sauces that were on the meals weren't absolutely terrible but weren't the best - too salty and not much of them, so that our massive rice mountain was left dry for the most part (no bad thing on reflection given that it was the best bit). I had a very dodgy tummy the next morning, which is a rare occurrence and whilst I wouldn't like to point the blame on anything in particular, all I had after lunchtime was the Chinese, a Diet Coke, and a couple of Quality Streets!

Overall, I genuinely can't grade this higher than 2/5 and I'm really not especially fussy. I'm amazed at the other 4 and 5 star reviews - perhaps the sit-in experience is so much better but for the take-away we wished we had just gone to McDonalds up the road instead.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Take away delicious”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

one of the best in sittingbourne, fed 3 people for £16 with plenty spare. Really nicely cooked not greasy like some. Lots of flavour and a definate monopoly in sittingbourne. Huge restaurant too.

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Take away ok. Eat in below par.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I have had a few take always from here, the food is a little greasier than the other take aways in the area but just as tasty.
The resturant was recommended to me for all you can eat, I was disappointed.
The portions were large, but the quality was poor and the price higher than I would have expected for the quality.
Serving staff seem to lack customer service skills.
Overal a dissapointment, but a filling an edible and filling one.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“works christmas meal”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The staff here were very polite and attentive. There was 10 of us and we ordered a large variety of meals and everthing that arrived was cooked to perfection. The inside of the Water Palace was not a cosy looking place.

• Visited December 2011