“Even better than the food I've eaten in Italy itself!”
Review of La Magnolia - CLOSED

La Magnolia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went to La Magnolia for an evening meal with my husband this week and it was amazing! Without a doubt the most tasty Italian meal I have ever eaten (and I have been to Rome, Venice and Pisa several times). I had Gnochi with chicken and chilli and my husband had the calzoni pizza with seafood.
The décor was authentic, the staff were excellent and both helpful and quick to serve. It really made our last night of the holiday special. I can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a lovely Mothers Day lunch today at La Magnolia. The staff were friendly and the food was delicious. The pizzas were particularly delicious as was the garlic bread. We will definitely return as the children were made to feel very welcome.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to La Magnolia several times and each time I was very pleased with how I was served!The food is very tasty and i strongly recommend to try Gnochi Boscaiola or Pollo Parma.Also pizza is delicious and would be a good choice.My opinion is that if you once passed on La Magnolia restaurant, definitely you will return.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to La Magnolia on New Years Day 2013 at approximately 4.00 p.m . There were 2 other tables of 4 . We ordered a selection of bread and olives followed by 2 pizzas .The selection of bread appeared to be sliced pizza base . After nearly an hours wait I asked the waitress how long the pizzas would be as my boyfriend was famished - they arrived a couple of minutes later . There were no other arrivals to the restaurant - just us 3 tables ! A couple of minutes after the arrival of our pizzas the waitress asked if everything was ok to which, at that point - apart from the wait - things were . My pizza was fine - nothing special - but my boyfriends was badly burnt on the underside in places . He shared mine and because he was hungry ate most of his apart from the really badly burnt bits . It was hard to attract the waitresses eye , and when I did manage to and point out the burnt bits she was rude and said that I had said all was ok and most of it was eaten . I pointed out that it had been impossible to catch her attention before and tapped the offending blackened bits on the plate to point out just how burnt it was . She took it to the cook who said that we would not be charged for the pizza . I work in the catering industry and would never dream of treating or arguing with a customer in this way . A terrible restaurant - I would not recommend and never go back !

1  Thank Samantha C
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited la magnolia last night and was very impressed, the service was fantastic, the food was divine, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. A flawless evening. I strongly recommend a visit.