“Quality local produce resonably priced.”
Review of St Peter's - CLOSED

St Peter's
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

St Peters is a modern Resturant with a local country feel. The menu was modest but seasonal and local with a good selection for vegetarians. The staff were friendly and accommodating but a bit slow (we were in a large group of 22). Would recommend and will eat there again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Sandwich isn't synonymous with fine dining. More fashionable Kent locations, like Whitstable, tend to hog the limelight but St. Peter's is definitely worth a detour. We popped in for an impromptu (and very late) lunch on a Sunday and were pleasantly blown away by the experience. The chef and his front of house partner are clearly aiming to make an impact with a short but thoughtful menu. Having recently eaten in a central London Michelin starred restaurant, we felt the quality of St Peters' food was better. I devoured the French onion soup and lamb and but Curly One was transported by home made cannelloni in simple tomato sauce. The pasta melted lightly in the mouth. Truly sublime. A well chosen bottle of German wine and gorgeous desserts made this a lunch to remember.

4  Thank Robert P
Reviewed April 16, 2013

you will have to try this restaurant, my wife and I popped in for lunch, although a little quiet, found a lovely table looking out into the garden, the starter was delicious - smoked haddock with a quells egg and curried potatoe, I had the stew for mains and my wife the chicken both were so nice that we stayed to have a pudding and was not disappointed, the service was friendly and otherall have to say the best tasting lunch meal I have had for a long long time,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

.......because it was a 3.5, not a 3 and I felt that on another day it could hit a 4.5. I had been looking forward to trying this place for a month or so too, because of the excellent reviews here and the interesting menu - which changes very frequently (perhaps too much so), but came away having enjoyed my meal, but disappointed - particularly as we had driven 40 miles to come here. Agree with previous reviewers that the service was cold, but it was still fairly efficient, and a nice atmosphere was created by the lighting, nice décor, unobtrusive music etc. Don't agree with previous reviewer(s) that the food is Michelin star standard - my potted gammon had a big lump of fatty gristle in it, the pork hash main was fairly tasteless, the starter risotto, though very flavoursome, was too dry. But there were plenty of positives too - good flavours in the starters, very good chips, very good presentation of all the dishes and very good puddings. Thought the mains were a bit overpriced - the mackerel (an inexpensive fish) and chips was £16 for a very modest portion. Total meal for 3 courses and couple of glasses of excellent wine was £67

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had the most wonderful evening at St. Peter's. The food is divine. Good quality ingredients expertly put together. A lovely restaurant with friendly, attentive service. St. Peter's should definitely be number one on Tripadvisor (having eaten at the George & Dragon the night before which was average). St. Peter's is way above average. So pleased we found this restuarant on our weekend break in Kent & will definitely be recommending it to our friends if they are ever in the area.