“Stunning Accommodation, Fantastic Service”
Review of Harfleet House

Harfleet House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandwich
Harfleet House
Ranked #12 of 14 Sandwich B&B and Inns
“Stunning Accommodation, Fantastic Service”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned home following my second stay at Harfleet House, and just thought I should write a review. I have never reviewed anything in the past, so this is a first for me, but I felt compelled because I am so blown away by the accommodation and service.

My first stay was with my partner and two children for a long weekend. I then stayed recently on my own whilst en route to see old friends back in Kent. The house is amazing. Words can not do it justice. It is so "oldy worldy", yet with modern facilities (wifi, and a modern bathroom to die for, etc). The house is decorated in the period of the house, and is warm and cosy and immaculately clean. The added extras (dressing gowns, slippers, bathroom essentials, etc) are all top quality and add to the pampered feel that I get when I stay here.

During my stay, the owners went out of their way to make me feel welcome, the breakfast was lovely - so much choice. I suggest the poached egg on toast - divine! They are good at giving information on the town itself and what there is to do locally, nicely balanced with leaving me alone to get on with things, or just chilling by myself.

I can't recommend this place enough. If you want to stay in an amazing property with amazing furnishings (I think it's medieval, but don't quote me on that), in keeping with the beautiful town of Sandwich, then you must come here. It's very close to the river and local shops, so not too far off the beaten track, but not so close that you can hear one of the many local pubs kicking out at closing time (I felt compelled to try some of the local pubs too - they are also cosy and welcoming, with great food!).

In all, my stays here have been fantastic. Can't wait to find an excuse to come back!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Janey-G-222

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berkshire uk
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Loved our stay at Harfleet House. Fantastic room, very clean. Excellent breakfast and facilities. Very warm and welcoming, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Bedroom 2, but both rooms looked great.