“lovely food, nice garden, nice staff”
Review of Mermaids Locker

Mermaids Locker
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Sandwich
Description: The Mermaids Locker Alehouse and Restaurant, located within a 13th Century hall house in the heart of Sandwich. Offering a variety of locally sourced cask ales, artisan ciders and craft spirits, alongside a freshly cooked and regularly changing menu which is supported by an extensive wine list. We host monthly events, including a supper club and live music - check our Facebook page for more detailed information. The Mermaid is also available for private bookings for intimate parties or small corporate events.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had a really nice ploughman's , my boyfriend had the sausage and mash with locally sourced really sausages and then we had a couple of Pims. Would go back

Reviewed December 26, 2013

It was tipping it down outside and a howling gale just before Christmas. The missus and I went in for some lunch and some shelter. The food was great, especially my bacon sandwich and the pot of tea was better than most. They actually had cream for my wife's coffee - you'd be surprised how many places don't have cream.

One word about Sandwich town centre; the Internet and 3G coverage is next to zero. SoO don't expect to be able to check your emails anywhere in the vicinity of this fine establishment.

BTW, I engaged with the proprietor in some conversation on local history. The aqdvice I received was quite crucial to my mission to Sandwich in the first place. Well done for that too.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Mermaids locker is a really nice place to have lunch the food is lovely and you are made to feel really welcome by the staff!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I only ordered 2x coffees .& in both had hair in .& scum round my cup .& the sugar had a hair in .& it was clumped together

5  Thank Ashleigh1122
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lovely old building, welcoming atmosphere. Great food, very fresh salad. Excellent value. Great little find