“excellence of food”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sandwich
Melito di Napoli, Italy
“excellence of food”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Sheer quality of the food quite took us back as well as the location and rooms, it exemplifies how to get a hotel correct well done.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
John G, General Manager at The Lodge at Princes Golf Club, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments, they are very much appreciated. We aim for the restaurant to be in the top 10 in Kent over the coming months and we place ephasis on ensuring that we do all that we can to make the experience both relaxing, and unobtrusive. As you will know we have only been open since mid May and this feed back will be passed on to all concerned as a measure if their effort. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I often come along to stay whilst my husband plays golf, but this year we stayed in the new lodge. The room was familiar to the older lodge but had another dimension to it. I spent most of the day outside with friends overlooking the golf course between spells of rain and wind, but have to say was most luxorious compared to previous stays. We often eat out as we prefer the finer dining of food (although my husband would prefer steak and chips).
We ate in the evening on a busy Saturday night, we were made aware that there may be a wait, but upon receiving our canapés whilst we drank wine in the bar room, the time flew by.
I ate from the A la carte menu whilst my husband ate from the table dhote. I have to say that both of our meals were most delightfu, I can only compare it to some of the finer meals we have ever eaten. The lobster ravioli was too die for and my husband loved the sirloin steak (not a chip in sight). I have to say that the restaurant was the highlight of my weekend, the service seemed average but the fundamentals seemed there and I hope for the next visit any discrepincies are cut out.
Overall, I think that it is a vast improvement on previous stays (which we always enjoyed), and I hope it is as good on our next stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Many thanks for the time taken to leave a review, much appreciated. The comments made are very positive and constructive and have been passed on to all concerned as a measure of their efforts. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Lodge in due course.
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed at the new lodges there - great apartments and a good value weekend (£190 for two nights B&B and two games of golf). The firs of the two downsides were the service for breakfast - unbelievably poor. They were overwhelmed both days. I think the problem is that building the lodges has made this a residence, and you have different expectations of service when you are staying over than if you have just popped in for a game of golf and a bacon butty. The other problem was the golf - fab course but the first (Saturday - 5 1/4 hrs) and second (5 hrs) longest games of golf in our lives - seriously, if its going to play as a very professional club they need starters, and we didn't see a single marshal all weekend.

1 Thank David G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
The Bell Hotel
#1 of 5 in Deal
Pegwell Bay Hotel
Pegwell Bay Hotel
#4 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to The Lodge at Princes Golf Club? Share your experiences!