“Mothers Day Lunch!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited on Mothers Day with my wife and our four son's we had a nice meal but as always these days for some reason the chef's like to serve the veg hard? Not sure why? no one likes over cooked veg but not cooked is also not good! Shame really as the rest of the meal was nice but felt the fact I paid for extra bread rolls was a bit on the mean side bearing in mind the bill came to £200!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We regularly have lunch in the brasserie which has recently been tastefully refurbished. The chicken club sandwich is great. We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary there. Service was excellent, friendly and welcoming. Thank you Dan. We both had extremely enjoyable meals and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We asked a local shop keeper where they would recommend for lunch. The Bell was very welcoming, warm and we had a very helpful waiter - it was his first day.
Lovely comfortable seating, lots of books for an impromptu read and a short menu - which I love because normally it means the food will be well cooked. And I loved my vegetarian pasta dish it was sooo well cooked and tasty.
A very good experience all round .............

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my husband, wished we'd gone to the excellent thai. Vegetarian menu awful 0 choice with every offering containing potatoes, cooked badly & flavourless. My husband had a very well cooked piece of steak, with uncooked chips! Service was poor to awful. Will not eat here again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Bell Hotel has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. We arrived at about 10.30am and even though they were busy laying tables for lunch we were warmly welcomed to stay for breakfast which was served promptly by friendly waiting staff. We had a full English breakfast with unlimited toast and coffee ( which was excellent ) and we stayed for an hour and a half. The muzac was not noticeable - a big plus in my opinion - and there was a pleasant unhurried, laid back feel for a Sunday morning.
We will definitely return.