“Wow, this place has really improved to a really good place to eat”
Review of Eight

Eight
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eight is an intimate restaurant based in the centre of Rainham Kent. We can accommodate large parties in our upstairs restaurant and have a bar area for a pre or post dinner drinks.
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Wow, this place has really improved to a really good place to eat”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

When it first opened the reviews were not good as was the experience, however what a change! We had a table of 7 and I must say we all really enjoyed our food. I had the prawns to start and monkfish for mains. It was great and I loved it. My fellow diners said much the same. Good wine list at reasonable prices. They do great mid week offers too. We really enjoyed the mea, the service was very good l and will go back.

1 Thank gazzao

Rainham, United Kingdom
“A REAL GEM !”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group of friends on the recommendation of my daughter and her husband and we were not disappointed !
The food was superb and having looked at some of the other reviews I wonder where they had eaten.
I have been to restaurants all over the world and this compares with the best - it is fantastic to find a place so close to home !
I will be returning with my husband and have no hesitation in saying to readers of these reviews - give this place a try !

rainham
“a bit dissapointed”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Didnt book but got a table for with no notice, my wifes food was ok with nice dressings etc, maybe i chose the wrong food which should not be possible.
I like curries, the chicken wings were hotter than any curry i have tasted. so not good, I chose the chicken main, nicely presented, hot, the portion was adequate after eating a very nice bread roll with butter portions at just the right temperature.
The bed of spinach was nice and the gravy, good but the potato rosti was burnt round the edges and inedible it should have gone in the bin. overall the service was very good, after the wings i was offered a finger bowl without asking. i did say the rosti was burnt and an apology was given but for the price, expected more than an apology.

Rainham, Kent
“Superb!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Not sure what restaurant some of these other reviewers went to, as on our recent visit to Eight Restaurant in Rainham we couldn't fault anything. It was a Saturday night and every table was full including a large party upstairs. The staff were still very attentive, super friendly and helpful. The food was just what we expected... Great choice of fantastically portioned meals cooked to perfection. The atmosphere is what you make it really..... it's a small restaurant and so when everyone is talking the vibe is very lively. On our previous visit we went during the week, when it has a much calmer ambience due to not being quite so busy. It's great to finally have a decent restaurant in Rainham that isn't a curry house.

2 Thank Wookie79
Maidstone
“Should be re-named the moon......”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

As in it has no atmosphere! I've been to this restaurant a number of times under previous guises (the Olive Tree, One o Nine) and it has always suffered from a lack of ambience.

Still I went to eat with friends and for 1.5hrs we were the only ones in there until a couple came in and that was it. They have a set menu, the food is ok but nothing special, drinks pricey.

Can't see this place lasting, it's always empty when I drive past. Also why is their picture a block of flats in Parkwood........strange?

Visited January 2013