“Nice meal, good service ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Manor Farm Beefeater
Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent
“Nice meal, good service ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a Thursday evening. It wasn't busy, but not derelict either!! Waitress was really nice and nothing was too much trouble (Lesley?!). Food was cooked to perfection and we couldn't find anything to complain about. Had a voucher for 50% off mains, so a bargain had by all!! Fillet steak was soooo tasty!! They had run out of t-bone steaks, which is quite odd as they are a steak house!!
Would definitely return, the restaurant is within walking distance too!! :))

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favourite restaurant nearby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The first time my partner started walking toward the door I told him there was no way I was going to eat in there!! From the outside the place needs updating but as we all know looks can be deceiving.... Inside there are different level eating areas which gives any table you are on a private and slightly romantic feel. We have been many times and have taken the children and they have told us countless times that they love the place. I have never had a bad meal here, food arrived quickly and piping hot on all occasions. If you get a beefeater card then it makes the experience even better, just get your card swiped every time and once you have 500 points (which doesn't take long) you can get a great offer for your next visit, currently we have to pick between a free bottle of house wine, any 2 starters for £6 or any 2 deserts for £6......I wish we could do all three!!!!

Rainham, United Kingdom
“Don't touch this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I visited the Manor Farm last year 2012 for my husbands Works Christmas Bash taking 14 people we had a lovely meal, so thought we would return in 2013 well I wished we had not bothered and will not be going back this year We had preordered our meals ie Steaks cooked etc we all arrived to find the table not laid ,no wine glasses for Rose was given Flutes for sparkling wine ,we was shown to the table which still was only laid with cutlery Then the food came out waitress had to ask everyone again how the Steaks where to be cooked The Christmas dinner was dreadful roast potatoes burnt and hard to cut and the Brussels where not cooked It was a sham the only decent thing about the meal was the dessert We still had no Christmas Crackers I had to ask for some We didnt complain on the night because didnt want to spoil the evening.We was charged for an extra person who didnt turn up but was no deducted the organisers meal as said in there promotion We got in touch first thing by lunchtime the next day to be told they would get the manager to ring us Here we are well into January still no phone call after making a few visits back to the Manor farm to be told Yes he knows about your complaint Still nothing so we Email Beefeater and still no response my opinion leave well alone This is not the first time either I have been over charged by this place ,well here's one person will not be stepping through there doors

• 1 of 5 bubbles
“The worse meal I have had in years!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

A waste of £60! We all had soup as a starter everyone's bread was stale, it would of had more use as a door stop! Then £11 for a few chips and a bit of dry chicken. It is meant to be a grill and yet my husbands steak clearly wasn't. The people on the next table were also complaining about the food, and then to top off the horrible food, which being generous would give a 3/10, another tables drinks had been added to our bill.

• Visited January 2014
Ruffec, France
“I couldn't believe the service would be so bad a second time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I reviewed this establishment previously when I reported long delays for food to be served. My sister-in-law invited us for Sunday lunch and suggested we meet here. I thought at the time that it couldn't possibly be so poor for a second time.
When we rang to book a table, we were told the only slot available was at 1.15pm. as they were very busy. When we arrived on time the place was less than half full. We were taken up to the top floor of the multi-level arrangement and eventually a waitress took our order for starters and main courses. The starters arrived after twenty minutes and the food was OK, however some ten minutes elapsed before the waitress reappeared to clear away claiming that she had been delayed because they were "so busy!" despite it being very clear that less than half the tables were occupied. The main courses arrived some fifteen minutes later and again the food was OK but not hot. However the chef of the day clearly had some lack of taste because virtually every dish was excessively spiced. My wife's chicken breast was almost inedible because of this and even the salad which came with my steak was inexplicably spicy for no good reason!
The issues which have now emerged for this place are that there are probably insufficient waiting staff (or they are slow and lazy) who blatantly lie to cover their inefficiency and/or the kitchen staff are incompetent.
We will certainly never give this dreadful place another chance.

• 3 of 5 bubbles