“Long wait!”

Darjeeling Heights
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Through passion, pride and great dedication, Darjeeling Heights has gained a unique position in Kent social and dinning environment. Our meticulously prepared regional cuisine and British favourite dishes by our master chefs, specially prepared wine list and cocktail menu, beautiful setting in midst of wonderful images of Darjeeling. Our seamless service and welcoming smile have created a wonderful atmosphere of relaxed elegance.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went to the restaurant for a works do! We were told to arrive at half seven! The food didn't arrive till 21.40 we were all starving ! When the food finally arrived it was ok ! The choice was very limited! We had a Buffett ! It was £ 35 per person which included wine and soft drinks! That's if you could get the waiter to bring you one! We asked for tea and coffee and were told it would be extra charge ! Waited 20 minuets and it still didn't arrive so we left ! To sum up .... Well overpriced food average, waiters rude and not attentive! Won't be going again !

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Have taken my family here a few times.. normally on special occasions birthdays etc.. the food is average and the price is high. The last visit was June 2013 and I was very disappointed with the food and they also added a 12.5% service charge directly onto the bill.. The bill was over £120 for four of us and we ordered only one coke each and a jug of iced water.. no desserts and no coffee.. I will not be going there again .

3  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Over many years, I have eaten at indian restaurants all around the country and many in the capital city of curry houses, Birmingham, but contrary to JB's review I would say that DH is right up there amongst the very best, and I am fortunate to live so close to it. Depending on what time you arrive and in particular early evening, I think that bottled drinks in any establishment tend to suffer a little from laying from the afternoon service, but it is no great pain nor inconvenience to ask for a replacement. I have always found the food, decor and especially the service excellent, and having eaten both sitting and take-away meals from DH, I am yet to be disappointed. I have eaten at most restaurants within the Medway Towns and yes it is pricey in comparison, but in my opinion the quality is worth paying for.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times and the fact we o back suggests that the food must be quite good!
And it is, as is the service.
Not the cheapest Indian in the area but the food is of sufficient quality and variety to justify the price.
Having said all of that I would be quite happy if you didn't go leaving it less busy for me....

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We visited this place this evening just after 6pm and were the only people in here. Didn't get off to a good start with flat soft drinks. Onion Bhajis were a bit stodgy in the centre and could have been cooked a little longer. Main meals were however fine, all be it average.

Did feel that the whole experience was rather rushed taking just 65 minutes from being seated to paying the bill.

The staff kept appearing around the corner to check on our progress, and the second our starters were finished they were taken away and a minute later our mains arrived, I constantly felt my progress was being monitored and didn't feel too relaxed.

I do feel that they are charging a premium, but not fulfilling what is expected of them for that price. Score would have been better but has been marked down on quality over price.

If local I would probably go again, however there are many better Indians closer to me at a more reasonable price so I doubt I will travel there in the future.