“Absolutely amazing!”

Darjeeling Heights
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Rainham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Through passion, pride and great dedication, Darjeeling Heights has gained a unique position in Kent social and dinning environment. Our meticulously prepared regional cuisine and British favourite dishes by our master chefs, specially prepared wine list and cocktail menu, beautiful setting in midst of wonderful images of Darjeeling. Our seamless service and welcoming smile have created a wonderful atmosphere of relaxed elegance.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Been meaning to visit for a while and was NOT disappointed at all!

Was greeted by a man in authentic costume at the door,he was very polite and although we hadn't booked a man who looked manager type took us immediately to a table.

The decor was modern,fresh and tasteful,with a lot of attention to detail.

The staff were very pleasant and attentive and the food was beautifully presented and to die for!

Although the service charge was applied I'd of left what they charged as a tip anyways,so for me not an issue.

A very pleasant dining experience,by far the best indian I've ever had n I've had a few!

Will recommend and return.

Ps I never leave reviews anywhere I go but felt the need to on this occasion.

3  Thank nic27x

Reviewed September 2, 2012

On our arrival the staff were wonderful and helpful. I had arranged a meal for my friends birthday, they hid a cake I made for the optimum time.
We started in the bar with a cocktail, I felt no pressure from the staff to go to the table but once we all had our drinks we moved to the table.
The staff were attentive and helpful suggesting food.
All the food was gorgeous beautifully spiced and nice to get away from traditional dishes that you see in a lot of Indian restaurants
When te time came they played awesome cheesy music and bought out the cake, it was fun and the staff made it a birthday to remember!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We tried the Darjeeling for the first time this week and I agree with most of the other comments. The service was very good, the restaurant is nice modern decor but not 'Wow'. We had a number of different dishes and all the food was very good, reasonable portions and served in nice bowls. However the Pashwari Nan was very greasy and so was the Pilau Rice but very tasty as well, the lemon rice was particularly good.

A nice touch was that they must have heard us toasting one of our party a Happy Birthday because at the end of the meal they dimmed the lights, played a Happy Birthday record and came out with an ice-cream and candle while the chef and two waiters stood around our table and clapped.

We had a very nice evening however it is not cheap and the drinks are very expensive for a provincial Indian, this isn't London and the 12.5% service charge is OTT.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We decided to book here for last new years eve - after our original plans fell through. We were quite lucky to get a table within a few days notice but i guess it may not be peoples first choice for new years celebrations.

The parking was ample and i really like the modern decor inside. I was abit disspointed that there was not much of a waiting area\ bar area to enjoy a few pre dinner drinks. However we were seated within 5 minutes by a very sour faced looking man ( who i assume was the manager) who plonked menus down infront of us and marched off without even taking our drinks order. After having to call a waiter over we finally ordered drinks and looked at the menu.

The tables are very close together ( and as it was new years eve were decorated with hats and poppers) and there dosent appear to be that much space inbetween. however the menu looked good and we quickly made our choices. Our friendly waiter came back and answered all our questions. We both enjoyed our prawn starters although i didnt like the sauces that were served with poppadoms. The service was quick and i just had time to enjoy a cocktail before our main courses arrived. Again my chicken was nicely cooked and my parters lamb dish was better id say. All presented well even though not massive portions. I opted for sorbet for desert before we collected the bill. The service charge dosent usually bother me but i feel sorry for the waiters as i very much doubt they actually see any of it! therefore you feel compeled to leave actual cash. I would return to Darjeeling perhaps for a special occasion meal but certainly not for a take away as i dont feel the food is exceptional enough to warrant the prices. i have had a nicer meal for less elsewhere and will stick to my usual indian restaurant.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Clearly this venue has improved since the poor reviews in June. 2 of us went with 2 friends last Friday evening. Nice welcome from most of the Staff and the place was buzzing with several groups enjoying themselves. The building (converted pub) is presently unattractive from the exterior but the interior is light & airy and attractively decorated, including large pictures of (appropriately) the Darjeeling Light Railway & Indian grand buildings. Spent a lot of money on it, hence perhaps the above average prices for most dishes, particularly the peripherals such as 2 x 300ml Kingfisher beers £5.90 and £7.60 for 8 Pappadoms! The 12.5% gratuity added on, is a bit steep and although a previous reviewer said it's optional, how many of us would have the courage to ask for it to be removed or reduced if we had already said the meals were lovely. Which they were: we all had a different dish, each one outstanding for quantity, flavours & presentation. So final bill after 2 desserts & 2 coffees: £126. Very nice meals & lovely evening, so can't really complain.

1  Thank SMILYEXPLORER