“Beautiful wedding location”
Review of Elvey Farm

Elvey Farm
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went to a wedding held here and stayed overnight with my family. It is a beautiful location for a wedding, it really feels like you are in the heart of the countryside. We stayed in the Broadstairs suite and were very impressed by the rooms - well decorated, comfortable - and a lovely mixture of period features and modern comforts. The staff we met were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was delicious (orders must be placed by 9.30am) and there was a wide choice. Would love to go back for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent country accommodation with good train access to London in a wonderful village. The only downside was the hawkhurst room itself was a let down. bathroom very shabby and entrance to the building felt like walking into an old derelict barn. but the hospitality and location was fab.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I received a voucher for my birthday for a hotel break and after looking through the hotels that were included Elvey Farm was the one that stood out. When we arrived we were not disappointed. From the outside the hotel is beautiful. My voucher was for a standard double room however when checking in we were told we had been upgraded to a suite which was a lovely touch! We stayed in the Whitstable suite and it was gorgeous, beautifully decorated and a very modern bathroom. Only downside is the walls must be quite thin, we could hear the people in the room next to us snoring and then their music and hairdryer in the morning! We didn't find this a big issue though.

We ate in the restaurant for dinner, we both ordered the pork and it was delicious. Breakfast was also superb which a wide range of jams for toast, and the cooked breakfast was delicious. All staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Elvey Farm and hope to come back one day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent a weekend at Elvey Farm and loved it. The historic ambience of the place is great, bedrooms very comfortable, staff welcoming and helpful, food and drink superb (we ate far too much dinner and breakfast!) Surrounding countryside is gorgeous and there are easy walks starting/finishing at the Farm.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked Elvey Farm as we wanted a dog friendly hotel in good dog-walking country, and the hotel certainly delivered on that score. Unfortunately, the weather was cold and foggy all weekend so we didn't see the location and its surrounds as its best but one could see how glorious it would be on a sunny day.

We had 3 separate suites in the stable block for all the family and were pleasantly surprised at how well furnished and spacious they were. Two of the bathrooms were, in fact, wet rooms. Loved the idea but, in practise, they weren't very practical as everything in the room got soaked (towels, toiletries, etc) and water got trodden through onto the carpet in the adjoining bedroom.

The farmhouse is very beautiful and rustic, the food good and the staff friendly and helpful. The only thing we would have preferred was a separate bar room in which to relax of an evening. The existing bar currently doubled up as the reception and only had room for about 12 people. However, that's just a tiny quibble.

On the whole, a wonderful stay and we all look forward to returning and enjoying the location to the full when the weather improves (although we might have a long wait on that score ...!).

Incidentally, there's a child-and-dog-friendly pub at the end of the hotel's long drive (can't remember the name) which is open all day and serves very good food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spratwaffler
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

After a lot of searching I chose this venue to propose to my girlfriend. We stayed in the Penhurst suite which is probably one of the best rooms I'd ever stayed in, very clean, a huge amount of room and some lovely personal touches. The grounds are fantastic and a great deal of thought put into keeping this location special. The evening meal was to die for very very high standards and superb attention by the resteraunt manager. My 'soon to be wife' had bream with scollaps and I had Sussex beef (best steak ever had - and have a few in my 56 years!

This was an amazing stay and cannot fault anything about this little gem in the countryside

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed last weekend, for one night, food was lovely and the room ( Whitstable) was stunning, Staff were friendly and professional.
The single reason for my giving a 4 rather than 5 rating is that you could definitely hear guests in the next room, I have read this comment before by another poster on TA, and to be honest had I not had a few nightcaps that would have bothered me and kept me awake, even if the peeps weren't talking late in to the night I would be listening out for it. The owners have clearly stated that these are old buildings and personally, I think that rooms are so beautiful that most guests would over look the noise issue, its a problem for me as I live in a maisonette and getting away from other peoples noise is the entire reason for me taking a break, and its not that exessive to be honest. (especially as you consider that on this occasion I was definately in a glass house throwing stones, given that I am afraid I was rather boozy and embarrasingly was asked, in the most tactful way, to keep it down in the bar area!)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmasmumLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pluckley
Eastwell Manor
Ashford International Hotel
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Holiday Inn Ashford North A20

Been to Elvey Farm? Share your experiences!