All reviewscanterbury suitehot tuboast housestable blockfairy lightskent countrysidecountry lanebeautiful countrysidelounge areaoriginal featuresbeautiful roomfour posterwine listromantic breakfollowing morningcooked to perfectionbirthday treat
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at Elvey Farm this last Saturday night. The location was quite convenient and even though the weather wasn't great we were able to enjoy the peaceful surroundings. The menu was varied and the fresh local produce was evident in the delicious meals me and my partner both enjoyed.

The room was a good size with a nice lounge area and a lovely deep bath. Beds were comfy and we both had a nice relaxed nights sleep. All the staff were very kind and courteous as well.

Would definitely recommend (and already have to several friends and coworkers) and hope to come back again for another stay in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not normally driven to do reviews for places we go to, I always intend to and then it slips my mind, however having got back from a night away yesterday I simply had to write on here.

My partner and I decided to stay here to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, we wanted somewhere cosy where we could have a lovely meal, some drinks and wake up in the morning without the kids jumping on our bed, trying to get us up...and this place fit the bill perfectly.

The room/suite was amazing, beautifully and simply furnished, and very comfy. The bathroom was out of this world, with a huge bath tub that I took full advantage off with a glass of champagne :)

The bar area was small, but cosy and we had a lovely glass of wine by the roaring log fire.

We ate here and dinner was absolutely divine. Im vegetarian and there was a very limited choice, with just one main available, but it was so nice and flavoursome with thought and effort gone in to it, rather than it just being a run of the mill after thought pasta I tend to be offered. My partner had the steak and he was still talking about it at breafast the next morning!

The staff were incredible, I forget her name, but the lady who checked us in and ran the restaurant and bar was lovely and knowledgable about the wine etc. We chose a bottle of wine on her recommendation and it was gorgeous. She was so accomadating with any little requests.

We absolutely fell in love with the place and hope to go back there next year to celebrate 11 years :)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Have just returned from last minute one night stay at this wonderful place - we have stayed here on 4 previous occasions and it seems to get better each time.
The welcome is always warm, the rooms are comfortable and well appointed and as for the food - just do not come here if you are on a diet as the temptation is too much to resist !!!
Jeff and Simon are the owners and nothing is too much trouble for them and their team - I recommend this fantastic place to everyone especially if you have dogs because they are equally welcome here . .

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I were 'WOWed' when we arrived here - beautiful buildings in a fantastic farm setting but no farmy 'smells'!! Stunning room with exposed beams, en suite wet room and the resident dog very kindly left some treats for our 4 legged one who very much enjoyed them. Sadly we couldn't eat at the highly recommended restaurant as no doggies allowed and we knew ours might be a bit barky on his first night in a strange place but we CAN highly recommend The Black Horse in Pluckley for a delicious night out and dog friendly pub eatery! Lots of room for the 4 legged one to roam around and the hospitality was outstanding. Only negatives were the drawers on the bedside table kept falling apart and it was clear when we had to move one that no hoovering had been done behind but these were minor issues and certainly didn't detract from the fabulous feel of the place and our enjoyment of our stay.

Room Tip: if you want complete privacy, Tenterden (the last room on the ground floor) feels thoroughly private!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well what can I say I stayed here last night with my girlfriend wow wow factor from start to finish.the Canterbury suite what can I say it was fantastic very clean lovely and spacious and comfortable.We had use the hot tub and that was lovely a nice touch but a bit run down but due to our long winter I can appreciate why this hasn't been looked after still fantastic though so fellow trip advisor users don't be put off as i here there are plans for that area.The meal we had In the evening was excellent and staff was very polite and professional.