All reviewscanterbury suitehot tuboast housestable blockfairy lightskent countrysidecountry lanebeautiful countrysidelounge areaoriginal featuresbeautiful roomfour posterwine listromantic breakfollowing morningcooked to perfectionbirthday treat
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not normally driven to do reviews for places we go to, I always intend to and then it slips my mind, however having got back from a night away yesterday I simply had to write on here.

My partner and I decided to stay here to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, we wanted somewhere cosy where we could have a lovely meal, some drinks and wake up in the morning without the kids jumping on our bed, trying to get us up...and this place fit the bill perfectly.

The room/suite was amazing, beautifully and simply furnished, and very comfy. The bathroom was out of this world, with a huge bath tub that I took full advantage off with a glass of champagne :)

The bar area was small, but cosy and we had a lovely glass of wine by the roaring log fire.

We ate here and dinner was absolutely divine. Im vegetarian and there was a very limited choice, with just one main available, but it was so nice and flavoursome with thought and effort gone in to it, rather than it just being a run of the mill after thought pasta I tend to be offered. My partner had the steak and he was still talking about it at breafast the next morning!

The staff were incredible, I forget her name, but the lady who checked us in and ran the restaurant and bar was lovely and knowledgable about the wine etc. We chose a bottle of wine on her recommendation and it was gorgeous. She was so accomadating with any little requests.

We absolutely fell in love with the place and hope to go back there next year to celebrate 11 years :)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Have just returned from last minute one night stay at this wonderful place - we have stayed here on 4 previous occasions and it seems to get better each time.
The welcome is always warm, the rooms are comfortable and well appointed and as for the food - just do not come here if you are on a diet as the temptation is too much to resist !!!
Jeff and Simon are the owners and nothing is too much trouble for them and their team - I recommend this fantastic place to everyone especially if you have dogs because they are equally welcome here . .

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I were 'WOWed' when we arrived here - beautiful buildings in a fantastic farm setting but no farmy 'smells'!! Stunning room with exposed beams, en suite wet room and the resident dog very kindly left some treats for our 4 legged one who very much enjoyed them. Sadly we couldn't eat at the highly recommended restaurant as no doggies allowed and we knew ours might be a bit barky on his first night in a strange place but we CAN highly recommend The Black Horse in Pluckley for a delicious night out and dog friendly pub eatery! Lots of room for the 4 legged one to roam around and the hospitality was outstanding. Only negatives were the drawers on the bedside table kept falling apart and it was clear when we had to move one that no hoovering had been done behind but these were minor issues and certainly didn't detract from the fabulous feel of the place and our enjoyment of our stay.

Room Tip: if you want complete privacy, Tenterden (the last room on the ground floor) feels thoroughly private!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well what can I say I stayed here last night with my girlfriend wow wow factor from start to finish.the Canterbury suite what can I say it was fantastic very clean lovely and spacious and comfortable.We had use the hot tub and that was lovely a nice touch but a bit run down but due to our long winter I can appreciate why this hasn't been looked after still fantastic though so fellow trip advisor users don't be put off as i here there are plans for that area.The meal we had In the evening was excellent and staff was very polite and professional.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've stayed here twice now and both stays were wonderful. The farm and countryside setting is beautiful, the rooms are simply gorgeous, the beds are comfy, the food is yummy and the hospitality quite wonderful! Since our first visit my partner has been using a wheelchair and so we wondered if a stay at Elvey would be workable - plus it was our first foray to a hotel since the arrival of the w/c so we were somewhat anxious how things would go. I called up ahead of time and spoke with Jeff one of the owners and explained the situation - he was very helpful and told me it wouldn't be any problem. We were given the Tenterden room, a stunning room which like all the rooms at Elvey is a wonderful space with all sorts of beautiful period features as well as brilliant modern flourishes like great lighting and an ipod dock. The room has a wonderful big ensuite bathroom/wet room, tons of space to manoeuvre around with the wheelchair, and easy access parking right outside. There's a couple of steps up into the room so Jeff brought a portable ramp which worked great. The following morning my partner was feeling a bit anxious about getting into the main building for breakfast - the ramp would have worked but it would have probably been a bit of a schlep for me or someone from the farm (which they readily offered to do btw) so instead he had a first class breakfast on a tray in our room. It was impressive! We love this place, the staff are wonderful, the ambiance is calm and pastoral, the setting is breathtaking, the rooms beautiful and the lovely guys who own the place do whatever they can to ensure a wonderful stay. We left for our business meetings in Maidstone (really easy & quick to get to from Elvey Farm) feeling relaxed and ready to carpe diem!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business