All reviewscanterbury suitehot tuboast housestable blockfairy lightskent countrysidecountry lanebeautiful countrysidelounge areaoriginal featuresbeautiful roomfour posterwine listromantic breakfollowing morningcooked to perfectionbirthday treat
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here in February for one night for our 8 year anniversary. As my other half had been at work we didn't arrive until 6pm but soon got stuck into a bottle of Tattinger beside a roaring fire to play catch up! Made to feel welcome by the team. Great start!

We were booked into the Faversham suite which forms part of the old stable block. I've been fortunate enough to stay in a great many wonderful places but the Faversham Suite certainly had the "wow" factor with its high ceilings and 4 poster bed. Massive wet room with amazing shower and enormous shower rose. Complimentary Cowshed toiletries.
There is also a living room area with wall mounted flat screen, subtle lighting and a fine selection of magazines. Obviously cobwebs have become a hot topic on trip advisor but the whole suite was spotless and there were none to be seen.

We had dinner in the Elvey farm restaurant, washed down with some great wines. Service was impeccable, staff attentive and friendly. I'd love to give you a course by course breakdown of what we had, but suffice to say I think it is more of a testimony that we left there and recommended Elvey Farm to a load of our friends, colleagues and family members.

Oh yes! The other thing that is worthy of note is that you get breakfast as part of the room deal. Locally sourced and beautifully cooked!

Any bad? Yes.
Two small things. I rarely if ever want a desert but sometimes do like to finish with an ice cream. Obviously Elvey Farm is not a "desert for £2.49" type of place but £7 for 3 scoops of shop bought ice cream is a rather generous mark up! I had it anyway but I did think "Good lord!"

Number 2: I've been staying in hotels for 20 plus years for holidays, trips away, weddings, courses and sadly Elvey Farm have adopted the increasingly popular fashion of the 11am check out! Grrrrrrr! Check outs should be at 12am same as they used to be. If you are away for the night then you don't want to be jumping out of bed at first light like you are off to work. Even leaving our room at 11.10am there was evidence that ancillary staff were desperate to get in. A 12 o'clock check out is much more soothing for your poor guests who have quaffed down too much champagne and wines in your bar and restaurant!

Certainly shall be back! I imagine Pluckley must be quite delightful in the summer as well as cosy in the winter months. Other Half and I do tend to have fun wherever we go, but thank you to you and all your staff for making our stay so wonderful!

Room Tip: There is a suite with a hot tub - I was too late in booking it so if you want that plan well in advance.
2  Thank st5om
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked an overnight stay at Elvey Farm via Red Letter Days and it was lovely - arriving to a friendly greeting from the reception staff. Our room was so cosy (despite the driving rain and wind, it was kept really warm) and I loved the décor. I'm not a great fan of wet-rooms, but for a single night, it's fine.
We dined at the pub "next-door" (it's a 10 min walk to the main road from Elvey Farm's driveway, so very convenient as we were both wanting to have a drink) so I can't comment on Elvey Farm's restaurant for dinner... but their breakfast was really superb, and we were attended to *so* well. We even wanted to buy the jam that was served, so the owner went out of his way to advise us on where we might find some, as their own stocks were low.
Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff and shown to our room, The Faversham suite. First impressions were wow, especially the four poster bed and the beamed ceilings, however upon closer inspection we soon discovered that the room was in need of a good clean, the lamps and the panelling behind the bed were extremely dusty and there were a few cobwebs that needed removing.
The wet room has had it's day and is in need of renovation and when we used the toilet brush after using the loo, it was absolutely disgusting and needs immediate replacing.
The lights outside the room were also not working and the room was in darkness at night.
We ate in the restaurant which was very nice as were the staff, and this I can find no fault with however at breakfast we were sat next to a warm radiator and when we asked to move tables the member of staff serving us seemed quite put out.
Overall this is a lovely place for a short break and could be close to perfection if these few simple niggles were dealt with.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Peter40peter40
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our second stay at Elvey Farm and once again we enjoyed a peacefull relaxed stay with our dog Carla. The room was spotlesly clean which is all you can ask.The restaurant food is excellent and we dined there on both nights as that was part of our deal.There was a slight feeling that we were more of a 'number' than a welcome guest as opposed to our last visit and I really hope that we are wrong about this,you only have to look at the other reviews to see how good this place is!

1  Thank DaveDSW
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A great place to escape the London madness. It only took us an hour to get there from East London. We drove down in time for Sunday lunch (a fabulous roast) and then settled in for a relaxing evening as the snow started to fall.
Elvey Farm is a beautiful old pub with cosy and elegant rooms. Everything was pitched right: The fire flickered in the hearth when we came in. Our room was warm and beautifully decorated.
We brought our dog and he was made to feel right at home with biscuits and a note from the owners!
Food is locally sourced and delicious. Highly recommend the local Kent sparkling wine while warming yourself at the fire! This is a proper English experience. Highly recommended.

1  Thank anne c