As Elvey farm charge £175 for B&B and dinner B&B for £219 our expectations were high. First impressions were good. Lovely welcome and a quirky room in the oust house. We weren't the only occupants though as the spiders had been busy over what looked like the preceding few weeks as there were cobwebs everywhere. Furniture was dusty and the bathroom cleanliness was also lacking with stained tiling and grouting behind the sink. Decided to watch some TV before dinner but 'No signal available' on the TV and despite reporting this to the staff at dinner and asking if someone could resolve this, we returned to the room with the TV still telling us 'No signal available'. Bathroom toiletries were limited to three tiny individual bottles - one shower gel, one shampoo and one body lotion. No hand soap was provided so had to resort to using shower gel to wash hands. The tea tray was as sparse as the bathroom toiletries. One small bottle of mineral water between the two of us and 3 small UHT milks that we divided between the two mugs of coffee. Dinner in the restaurant was OK whilst breakfast invited us to make our own toast using a domestic toaster - which took an age! Yes this all may sound a bit 'picky' but the price warranted so much better. On the plus side, the staff were friendly and efficient but it would have been a nice touch if the owners had presented themselves during our stay and we would have told them this direct. Sorry Elvey Farm, but at the rates you charge, you 'must do better'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the end of a winding lane, nestled in the heart of the Kentish countryside, stands Elvey Farm, a beautiful medieval farmstead tastefully converted into a small country guesthouse. This clutch of buildings, steeped in history and natural character, is a hidden treasure waiting to be uncovered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, Book Direct Rooms, Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Elvey Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elvey Farm Hotel Pluckley
- Elvey Farm Pluckley, Kent