Smiths Court came as a recommendation from the organisers of the Margate Soul Weekender (annual soul music festival). The hotel was a good choice and provides all the necessities that a three star hotel should provide. With suitcases, it was much easier to order a taxi to and from the hotel and the fare was very reasonable. We stayed for 2 nights bed and breakfast. The first morning's breakfast was a little overcooked, therefore when ordering the second morning's breakfast, I mentioned to the waitress what I hadn't enjoyed about the previous day's breakfast preparation. The 2nd day's breakfast that was then presented was lovely! My preferences were met. The room was very clean. Our room faced the back of the hotel so unfortunately we didn't have a sea view. But that didn't bother us greatly.The walk into the creative quarter and trendier part of town was a mixed bag of wonderful, large, well kept Victorian buildings and gorgeous sea front. However there were more rundown pockets along the route into town that we hope the local council will invest in to raise the profile of what could be a really nice short break destination for couples and families. The staff at Smiths Court were friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Edwardian hotel, with 43 rooms. A number of single, double, twin, and family rooms. Also sea-view rooms available, or executive rooms and family suites. Full disabled access to the hotel, and specifically designed disabled rooms available. Free off-street parking, and plenty of free on-street parking outside. Eat in The Orangery restaurant attached, with a great sea view and stunning marble floors. Sit in our lounge and watch the sea, have a drink or afternoon tea. At Smiths Court, the only thing we overlook is the sea... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Smiths Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Court Cliftonville
- Smiths Court Hotel Margate, Kent