Just returned from 3-day break in Margate, principally to view Turner Ex. Well pleased with our decision to use this hotel. Helpful and efficient check-in, sizeable car-park, lift to room on 2nd. floor and more-than-pleased that my request to have a sea-view was confirmed. If Cat-Swinging was an Olympic event, then our room at Smiths Court would not appear on the winners rostrum too often, but it was respectably clean with decent wardrobe and OK shower-room. Dodgy TV though, as someone else has already remarked, although receives SKY downstairs in most comfortable lounge,but we weren't there for that. Down for breakfast taken in the Orangery which is a really lovely bright spacious room, with comfortable modern furniture,perfect, I guess, for receptions etc . Plenty of choice, well cooked if required and served by most pleasant young man as indeed were all the staff. Can't comment on dinner as we ate out with friends in Canterbury but dinner menu looked good.as did lunch. Would most certainly return to the hotel, alas Margate town doesn't appeal unless another exhibition was to be held there. Thanks Smith's Court..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Edwardian hotel, with 43 rooms. A number of single, double, twin, and family rooms. Also sea-view rooms available, or executive rooms and family suites. Full disabled access to the hotel, and specifically designed disabled rooms available. Free off-street parking, and plenty of free on-street parking outside. Eat in The Orangery restaurant attached, with a great sea view and stunning marble floors. Sit in our lounge and watch the sea, have a drink or afternoon tea. At Smiths Court, the only thing we overlook is the sea... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Smiths Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Court Cliftonville
- Smiths Court Hotel Margate, Kent