A group of us stayed at Smiths Court after a wedding in Margate. The staff were very helpful and friendly, but to be honest, our party didn't really test the limits of customer service.
The rooms were clean but really hot and stuffy. We were in a back room with a single window at the end of a long kitchenette. There was a celing fan, but it was very noisy which made the night very uncomfortable temperature-wise as we could not leave it switched on. The bed was rather hard which we found uncomfortable (and yet I'm a fan of a firm mattress.)
The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels/toiletries etc, but the decor was not pretty. The suite was what can only be described as 'mud' coloured. Definitely an opportunity for an update.
The breakfast was good, although there was a steer to less sausage and bacon and compensation with a lot of beans and tinned tomatoes. The balance could have been a little more even!
Overall this was a decent place to crash after a night out. Ticked most boxes. My biggest gripe was the stuffiness of the room and the hardness of the bed. This impacted the quality of sleep achieved. (Or not)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Edwardian hotel, with 43 rooms. A number of single, double, twin, and family rooms. Also sea-view rooms available, or executive rooms and family suites. Full disabled access to the hotel, and specifically designed disabled rooms available. Free off-street parking, and plenty of free on-street parking outside. Eat in The Orangery restaurant attached, with a great sea view and stunning marble floors. Sit in our lounge and watch the sea, have a drink or afternoon tea. At Smiths Court, the only thing we overlook is the sea... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Smiths Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Court Cliftonville
- Smiths Court Hotel Margate, Kent