When searching for a hotel in Margate the Smiths Court looked the best out of a very bad bunch. The hotel was clean but the corridors and rooms were a little tired and dated. The downstairs was better; there were comfy chairs with a bar and a very nice orangery to eat in for either dinner or breakfast. The breakfast was very nice and plentiful; the staff were very friendly and the fact that we were able to have a drink in the bar on our return from a night out was great. Good hotel if you are going to a gig at the Winter Gardens as you can walk there from this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Edwardian hotel, with 43 rooms. A number of single, double, twin, and family rooms. Also sea-view rooms available, or executive rooms and family suites. Full disabled access to the hotel, and specifically designed disabled rooms available. Free off-street parking, and plenty of free on-street parking outside. Eat in The Orangery restaurant attached, with a great sea view and stunning marble floors. Sit in our lounge and watch the sea, have a drink or afternoon tea. At Smiths Court, the only thing we overlook is the sea... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Smiths Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smiths Court Cliftonville
- Smiths Court Hotel Margate, Kent