“Impressed”

Premier Inn Margate Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Margate
“Impressed”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

First time we had stayed at a Premier Inn.

We where greeted by a friendly receptionist, who helped with directions to where we where going later.

My only criticism was the lift smelt a bit.

The large and clean with a comfortable double bed it faced the back (Train Station side) did not hear the trains that much.

Breakfast was good with the cooked bit freshly cooked for you.

Would stay at a Premier Inn if it was an option where we where going

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2010

To be honest we never got to stay here. After traveling all night we needed somewhere to stay. So we thought Premier Inn. But alas as it was approximately 10 am we where told by a less than 'Happy to see you' assistant that booking in is in the afternoon. We tried to explain our problem and that we only wanted a room until the evening. But instead of getting onto a manager, she began to get rude with us.
We asked politely if there was anywhere she could advise us to go. But she just kept saying that booking wasn't open until the mid afternoon. I then changed my tone and asked again. This angered her but she did eventually say we could try the Nayland Rock!!

Well if you know the area you wouldn't put a dog in that place! Insulted by the lack of service we received we progressed to the hotel at Westwood Cross Travel Lodge. Unfortunately they were fully booked. But the lovely ladies there bent over backwoods and phoned the hotel at Manston/Minster Holiday Inn Express and they could get us in.

Well done to those ladies and thank you to both them and the nice folk at Manston/Minster.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lazybear24
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Margate Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Thanks for your review the majority of Premier Inn hotels do not offer day let rooms. Our rooms are available from 2pm with check out at 12 noon on the day of departure. We do apologise that our team member was unable to locate a suitable place for you to stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I normally use premiere inn where ever I go but I have to say on this occassion I wasnt too happy. The hotel is like literally on the train tracks so the noise is tremendus, apart from the view of the beach which you can get from every single hotel in the town by the looks of it, every other thing in site looked run down, there was a big run down blocked of flats on one side of the road and what looked like a refugee camp on the other and that was just outside. when you walk in its what you expect but you dont expect to wait for the receptionist to finish her conversation on her personal mobile phone before you are seen to. the room was decent but didnt suit my occasion its more formal and business like so if your going away on a romantic holiday premiere isnt the best choice. I had to get my bed re made as I saw traces of hair on my pillow and sheet. To be honest I will not be going there in future. you're better off checking into one of the b&bs further up the beach!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We arrived at the hotel on the 1st August at 4pm, at first glance it does not look too good. It is very close to the station and you have the view of that awful tower block too,but once inside its very pleasant. We know what to expect from Premier Inn so no surpises really Tracy on the desk was very nice and helpful,and we spoke to her al ot over the next four days . She was always smiling and we always enjoyed our chats . We ate in the evening at the Brewers Faye, the breakfast was nice,and its good that kids eat free,but to be honest its not my favourite place to eat. For more choice you can go to the very large shopping mall at Westwood cross, which is a great place to shop and eat. So all in all its not a bad place to stay for a few days,and it let us explore the area. Price wise it was £76 per night for a family room, not too cheap and i could have got a B+B cheaper elsewhere but my wife likes the hotel chain. I will give 8 out of 10, because the rooms really need a suitcase stand and a armchair in them. Did not use the internet,it cost too much to use ,in a B+ B its free,so maybe they should look into this. Hope this helps?
Lee

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Stayed one night at the Premier Inn in Margate. We picked this location because it said it was within walking distance to the beach. It is a great location, easy & fast walk just down the sidewalk and across the street from a very nice sandy beach. The hotel room was typical Premier Inn, nothing to complain about. The attached restaraunt was nice and had very good fish & chips. Purchased the breakfast and it was very good as well. Overall a nice place to stop for a excursion to a lovely beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We needed somewhere to stay for one night in Margate and didn't fancy a traditional seaside B&B. We booked at the last minute and the Premier Inn was reasonably priced and very conveniently situated being near the railway station and having plenty of parking.
Staff on Reception and in the breakfast room were friendly and helpful. Our room was ready when we arrived just after 2 p.m. and provided everything we needed. Both the room and bathroom were very clean. The decor was pleasant and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I wasn't expecting what I got that was for sure. I genuinely enjoyed my stay. The room was large considering the price we payed, and it was nice to be able to see the sea and open a window to let the sea breeze in.

Room was comfortable and warm, shower was poor.

Attached pub served good food with large portions, breakfast was quiet every day but very nice. I would avoid the croissants as they seemed rather hard and crumbly. Everything was always topped up and the cooked stuff on offer was nice, though I would avoid the mushrooms as they tasted oddly sweet.

The only negative I had during the stay was the carpet, it appeared to have stains on it that looked very much like blood. But to be honest this was a minor grip, great hotel but I think its only really for business, I can't understand why anyone would come here for holiday,

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margate
Travelodge Margate Westwood
Somerville Hotel
Somerville Hotel
#8 of 12 in Margate
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster

Been to Premier Inn Margate Hotel? Share your experiences!