Premier Inn Margate Hotel
  • Beachfront
Sands Hotel(Margate)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsrailway stationbrewers fayremain buildingmeal dealsea frontair conrestaurant attachedall you can eatplay areacar parksea viewbudget hotelreception staffplenty of parkingexcellent locationfamily roomgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We arrived at the hotel on the 1st August at 4pm, at first glance it does not look too good. It is very close to the station and you have the view of that awful tower block too,but once inside its very pleasant. We know what to expect from Premier Inn so no surpises really Tracy on the desk was very nice and helpful,and we spoke to her al ot over the next four days . She was always smiling and we always enjoyed our chats . We ate in the evening at the Brewers Faye, the breakfast was nice,and its good that kids eat free,but to be honest its not my favourite place to eat. For more choice you can go to the very large shopping mall at Westwood cross, which is a great place to shop and eat. So all in all its not a bad place to stay for a few days,and it let us explore the area. Price wise it was £76 per night for a family room, not too cheap and i could have got a B+B cheaper elsewhere but my wife likes the hotel chain. I will give 8 out of 10, because the rooms really need a suitcase stand and a armchair in them. Did not use the internet,it cost too much to use ,in a B+ B its free,so maybe they should look into this. Hope this helps?
Lee

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Stayed one night at the Premier Inn in Margate. We picked this location because it said it was within walking distance to the beach. It is a great location, easy & fast walk just down the sidewalk and across the street from a very nice sandy beach. The hotel room was typical Premier Inn, nothing to complain about. The attached restaraunt was nice and had very good fish & chips. Purchased the breakfast and it was very good as well. Overall a nice place to stop for a excursion to a lovely beach.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We needed somewhere to stay for one night in Margate and didn't fancy a traditional seaside B&B. We booked at the last minute and the Premier Inn was reasonably priced and very conveniently situated being near the railway station and having plenty of parking.
Staff on Reception and in the breakfast room were friendly and helpful. Our room was ready when we arrived just after 2 p.m. and provided everything we needed. Both the room and bathroom were very clean. The decor was pleasant and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I wasn't expecting what I got that was for sure. I genuinely enjoyed my stay. The room was large considering the price we payed, and it was nice to be able to see the sea and open a window to let the sea breeze in.

Room was comfortable and warm, shower was poor.

Attached pub served good food with large portions, breakfast was quiet every day but very nice. I would avoid the croissants as they seemed rather hard and crumbly. Everything was always topped up and the cooked stuff on offer was nice, though I would avoid the mushrooms as they tasted oddly sweet.

The only negative I had during the stay was the carpet, it appeared to have stains on it that looked very much like blood. But to be honest this was a minor grip, great hotel but I think its only really for business, I can't understand why anyone would come here for holiday,

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple